Will you keep using windows phone or move on other os?

Ascriab

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm cancelling my AT&T contract tomorrow and switching to an Android device on T-Mobile. WP has a lot going for it, and my 920 was a beautiful device, but there are just too many limitations. The WP app market is still extremely far behind, and nothing can make up for that, for my purposes.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Had my very first mysterious shutdown\restart ever with WP8 on an L521 today after 75 days of constant use.
Me Droid RAZr and ASUS TF tablet did this to me on a weekly sometimes daily schedule.
(apologies for typing as though I'm anti-Android)

I will stick with the reliability I've experienced to date with WP on Nokia devices.
Poll me as very pleased with WP8.

RazrHD132

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Windows is future, but i hate the present..its disappointing..

I regularly recorded my lectures through android phone, than i sold it thinking wp has better media.. But i am doomed, not a single recorder is upto mark.. Its is not that windows phone lacks hardware.. Surprisingly, recording on whatsapp and video recording is just awesome.. Microsoft dint made an inbuilt recording app?? Nor even nokia is making any efforts to make any stable recording apps.. Nokia makes crap nokia chat beta, which is a waste, why cant they make one stable recorder?? I wonder how WhatsApp and video recording has flawless audio quality recording?? I lost so many lectures without recording, i am doomed.. I have to attend lecture more 12 months.. Recording audio was only option as later i can recall.. But basic things are missing in windows phone.. I tried almost all apps in stores.. Poor quality of recording, it often crashed for long recording... My class lectures are long, 5-6 hours.. I can't miss recording for a single minute.. But... Leave.. M very sad.. Sorry guys..

Moreover, MSFT is least bothered about Non-USA region..

Scroogled campaign disappointed me about Microsoft behaviour. Microsoft choose to cut competitor instead of competing..

Lack of quality apps, totally unstable, beta , betas and betas...currently and totally depressed due to over decision of switching to Lumina/Window phone, can't buy new phone either.. I have spend all savings for my classes...

Just a better recorder could made me happy..

First and last windows phone, Lumia 625...

Sent via tapatalk

I just don't get why, if recording your lectures are so important, you don't just spend the little amount of money and buy a dedicated recorder (my sony was $50)...it wouldn't eat up your cell phone battery and you would get better quality recordings....
You're complaining about a feature that is a mere "nice-to-have" feature on the device. Cell phones are not optimized for recording because they aren't designed for that.

Chin up pal

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I just made the switch to Windows Phone. I have the Lumia 1520. I have been with Android since Android 1.5. Android has come a long ways. I have had about 6 different Android phones with the last one being the Samsung Note with a 5" screen. I think WP will do the same. I also have the Motorola Xoom 10" Tablet. As far as phones are concerned every Android phone that I have had has gotten slower over time. My Note did the same thing. I reset it back to factory and it seemed quick again. I was told that every time a new version of Android comes out that it requires a phone with better specs so when current phones are updated they slow down a little because the new version of the OS was designed for a quicker phone. I think of Android as a toy and to get real work done I use Windows. Early next year I will be getting the Dell Venue 11 Pro Windows Tablet.

Yes Android has a lot of features I miss that WP don't have yet but I can wait. I like the way WP feels as an OS better than Android. As of now I will never return to Android other than using Bluestacks on my Windows PC to run Android Apps. If Bluestacks works on the Windows tablet then I will have the best of both worlds.

I will never do Apple.......................

Jim

Last edited:

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I am just not an Apple guy and have never owned any Apple products so that part of the equation is out of the question.

I've owned a couple of Android phones a couple of years ago and had a lot of crashes and problems. No doubt Android has changed. However I RARELY have crashes or reboots with WP and the application issue is getting better. I am seeing positive movement with features, just not as quick as I would prefer.

But at the end of the day I'm a WP guy and I really don't see that changing....

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Nah... i just like WP8, i don't see the lack of features that people demand so much, got all the apps i need and the OS is stable and fluid. Besides there is plenty of people using Android... for every 10 phones i see, 8 are Samsung, so my Lumia 920 is just like a rare item and feels exclusive and got people staring to my phone.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I will keep using Windows Phone because I love being unique. ;)

Some people say WP sucks because it does not have a lot of apps and games... Well, I don't care. At least I always have something to look forward to. You're looking forward when will this feature come, when will this popular app/game come, etc. You're seeing the OS grow in front of you. And I love that. It's like I'm watching a movie about an evolution or success story or something. LOL

billyweber0101

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I was with android, then apple and now wp8. I like how simple the is is to use and clean. To me its elegant and more grown up looking. Apple to me looks dated and android kind of cartoonish. WP will keep growing and getting better. It has all the apps I need really. Love my Nokia Lumia 925. Best pictures ever. Switched my family and most friends over. Some didn't like or really understand the tiles until after they used it a few times. Now they love it. I look forward to more features. Need a 5 inch, super thin, with 2 great speaker, 32-64g, great battery, screen edge to edge, also ability to split screen multi task, merge windows rt and WP OS. Would tear it up. :)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I will keep using Windows Phone because I love being unique. ;)

Some people say WP sucks because it does not have a lot of apps and games... Well, I don't care. At least I always have something to look forward to. You're looking forward when will this feature come, when will this popular app/game come, etc. You're seeing the OS grow in front of you. And I love that. It's like I'm watching a movie about an evolution or success story or something. LOL

Yoop,
I get really tired of the "WP blah blah blah not as many apps as blah blah blah"

The 'ole "No app" argument is so frigging lame now it flags immediate dismissal in my brain when I see it typed anywhere.
WP is one element...the WP appstore is a differing element.
Why stay away because you have not found what you think you need in the appstore.
WP evidently doesn't attract app junkies and I find this a benefit of the Windows phone.

Westoncreg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Yoop,
I get really tired of the "WP blah blah blah not as many apps as blah blah blah"

The 'ole "No app" argument is so frigging lame now it flags immediate dismissal in my brain when I see it typed anywhere.
Why stay away because you have not found what you think you need in the appstore.
WP evidently doesn't attract app junkies and I find this a benefit of the Windows phone.

Honestly I just upgraded from wp7 and wp8 has SO many apps available that I don't really use IE anymore :p

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been a Nokia Fan boy since its inception. As for windows phone, I'm sticking to it. Its simple, sleek and elegant. No fuss here. Its a growing platform and I'm happy to see the rapid growth.

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Yoop,

for me apps is the most important thing in a smartphone and I am not the only one . Wp8 is nice very stable but for a basic user which I am not. If Microsoft doesn't give some freedom to wp8 then I will go to android to play with roms , developing and that stuff . Its almost 2014 and wp8 doesn't have a file manager . I have a Nokia Lumia 820 with 8gb of internal storage and I can't install many apps and big games like asphalt 8 dungeon hunter 4. Many apps are missing some others that are free on android like angry birds , in wp8 are paid and the others are terrible (look Facebook). Hope to see more developers at wp8 and Microsoft to add the important features that are missing .

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Yoop,

so you think 1,37,000 apps+games available on store are all quality app??

80% of them are junk.. Microsoft doesn't allow junk?? Check yourself..

Sent via tapatalk

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Originally I was getting sort of meh with windows phone tbh.

But since getting my 1520, I fell in love with the OS all over again. Its the same software but the big screen is a welcomed new experience.

For me I will be with windows phone at least until late summer or early fall next year. If Nokia and Microsoft have not come out with anything that wows me, I may wind up switching to the iPhone if It has a bigger screen.

But we are getting apps faster now and I don't feel as left out anymore. So for now I am happy where I am. I just need Microsoft to start stepping their game up.....
How could you go from a 1520 to a dinky little iPhone (they may have a larger screen by then, but nothing like the 1520. Apple doesn't make bold moves like that)?

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
so you think 1,37,000 apps+games available on store are all quality app??

80% of them are junk.. Microsoft doesn't allow junk?? Check yourself..

Sent via tapatalk
Of course there are, but with iOS and Android, the numbers are exponential. How many really unique apps are created? Most are duplicating things that already exist. Occasionally they are better, but usually they are worse than the existing apps.

kc77

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably stick with Windows. I never liked Android much and iOS doesn't seem amazing to me. I guess an update can change that though. You never know.

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
to be honest it depends on Microsoft if they keep improving it on each OS release with more features than wp7/wp8 then i'll keep using it . although i might buy an iphone someday as a secondary phone next to my windowsphone if and only if they offer something larger than 4inch display with new design, buying an iphone at the moment feels like buying a phone from 2007. as for android its not going to happen i wont spend a dollar on android

Last edited:

chris_t

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, I must admit I'm an BB10 lover, but last week I got a free 520 from my service provider. Wanted a Z10, but there's no BB love from Cosmote Romania (a T-Mo subsidiary). Long story short, I took the 520 planning to sell it and buy a Z10, but after a few days with WP I'm considering keeping the Lumia. I miss a few things about the BB10, especially the little red flash, the X closing the apps, BBM, but I am ready to give WP a chance, because I really like it's fluidity and the community. I now follow both WPC and CB on Twitter and, every morning I open it I get maybe 5-6 tweets from WPC and 1 or 2 from CB. Every time! I guess that says something about the app and OS updates, so I guess I"ll stick with WP for a while. Very smart move from Nokia with 520, it's an ambassador for WP, got people into trying the OS and the majority decided to stay.

If I get BBM, a handset with a notification led and a X to close my running apps I got no reason to leave WP. Heard the last one in going to be implemented in GDR3, which is great, the back button is really getting on my nerves, especially in IE.

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros