12-15-2014 04:14 PM
155 ... 4567
tools
    i have s4, but it drains like hell..
    Will nexus5 drain at same rate??
    S4 drains at 13hrs normal usage of whatsapp and googling now and than...

Sent from my L625
    Find out what is causing wakelocks and memory/processor consumption. There are apps for this, or you could root+installing another rom. Disable most of the google services if you're not using them and also turn off samsung consumer features.
    DBZo07 likes this.
    12-22-2013 04:07 AM
    Find out what is causing wakelocks and memory/processor consumption. There are apps for this, or you could root+installing another rom. Disable most of the google services if you're not using them and also turn off samsung consumer features.

i will root and let you know the results.. Xda/Ac here i come...

Sent from my L625
    12-22-2013 05:23 AM
    Do you find this acceptable? Is the run of the mill consumer who's never heard of XDA or A/C going to have this knowledge? We know how to find these tweaks because we're enthusiasts but some poor schmuck who just dropped a few Benjamins will be less than thrilled.
    a5cent, cckgz4, Guytronic and 1 others like this.
    12-22-2013 11:04 AM
    Do you find this acceptable? Is the run of the mill consumer who's never heard of XDA or A/C going to have this knowledge? We know how to find these tweaks because we're enthusiasts but some poor schmuck who just dropped a few Benjamins will be less than thrilled.
    This has always annoyed me about Android. The answer to a problem with a phone should NEVER be to root it. If I have to root a phone to fix something, that's a problem. I don't care if people root their phone for more control or to install different functions. That's cool, and more power to them. But rooting as a solution to a problem shouldn't be an acceptable answer for anybody, but it seems to be the go to answer in the android community, as if it's a cure all.
    Guytronic, mpt15, a5cent and 1 others like this.
    12-22-2013 12:18 PM

go to xda, im there too. My name is same as wpc.. I am beta tester for almost all the roms till my time..

through post counts, thanks and my threads.. You are still inside an egg.
    Keep your smartness in your pockets.

Lol, i saw your threads, all are closed.

Sent from my L625
    Last edited by DBZo07; 12-22-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    12-22-2013 01:22 PM
    Had an 820 then a 928...i was attracted with the note 3 big screen size...after using windows phone OS i realised how retarded Android is...biggest mistake sold it after 2 weeks...now waiting for my lumia 1520...things on android cant be done faster than on windows phone...and having office integrated is a huge plus...On WP OS u download an app and 99% the app performs well...the way u want it to be...on android its an infinite search for something basic...
    12-22-2013 01:32 PM
    12-22-2013 01:42 PM
    I was with Android for several years. I had the Captivate, Infuse, Note and a couple of others. Over time each one got laggy. Only way to fix was to do a reset. Phone would be smooth again for a while but got laggy again.

I'll stick with windows....

Jim
    12-22-2013 01:45 PM
    This has always annoyed me about Android. The answer to a problem with a phone should NEVER be to root it. If I have to root a phone to fix something, that's a problem. I don't care if people root their phone for more control or to install different functions. That's cool, and more power to them. But rooting as a solution to a problem shouldn't be an acceptable answer for anybody, but it seems to be the go to answer in the android community, as if it's a cure all.
    You shouldn't have to fix things this way, but it is nice that it is possible on android. Wish it were possible to fix things on WP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    DBZo07 likes this.
    12-22-2013 02:16 PM
    You shouldn't have to fix things this way, but it is nice that it is possible on android. Wish it were possible to fix things on WP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ok google , i love that feature.

Today, at my class, one beautiful girl was using using nexus 5, i went near and told ok google show me picture of i love you.. Dam that girl impressed as hell...

Sent from my L625
    12-22-2013 02:24 PM
    go to xda, im there too. My name is same as wpc.. I am beta tester for almost all the roms till my time..

through post counts, thanks and my threads.. You are still inside an egg.
    Keep your smartness in your pockets.

Lol, i saw your threads, all are closed.

Sent from my L625
    Care to explain your gibberish in plain English?
    Guytronic and cckgz4 like this.
    12-22-2013 07:05 PM
    I'm more than likely sticking with WP for a while. My little Lumia 521 does what I need, and has a good battery life. So I can't really complain.
    12-22-2013 08:43 PM
    I've had the 620, 820 and lastly the 920.Unfortunately, MS has let me down by not implementing usefull features in its updates, so I've moved on and got a Nexus 4.I'm so so sorry to say but I will not return to WP after spending 2 months with the Nexus.Since I got it, I went form Android 4.3 to 4.4 and 2 days ago to 4.4.2.Each and every update made dramatic improvements to my device, things that I was expecting especially from MS and they never delivered.With the last update, the Nexus 4 is faster, has much better battery life and the new UI looks very fresh.
    I still have the 920 so I often compare them side by side, to see how both platforms compete.(especially since they are both the same age and generation).
    I agree with you. Amber? Black? GDR3, either basic improvements such as support of 1080p and 4 core processor that should be done a year ago or baby steps. It is rumored that wp8.1 is coming out in Spring, 2014. That is too late for me. I started with HTC titan, bought a Lumia 920. I am currently using a Lumia 1020. In my hand, I have an iPhone 5s and a note 3. At this moment I am not sure which one to keep.
    12-22-2013 08:45 PM
    Care to explain your gibberish in plain English?
    gibberish? I tested this on a 13 years old kid, he understood. May be you don't have level to understand.

I don't owe you any further explanation...

Anyways, ๐Ÿ™ thankyou mate.
    -------------------------------
    Finally, i took 5s. S4 with bunch of awesome roms..
    I have best of both world.
    Windows phone will remain as my calculator and note taking...

Sent from my L625
    12-24-2013 06:52 AM
    You must can't read, because that wasn't what he/she referred to.
    12-24-2013 06:56 AM
    You must can't read, because that wasn't what he/she referred to.

???

Sent from my L625
    12-24-2013 06:58 AM
    Its been about 7 months and I'm still using my Windows Phone Lumia 1520.

Jim
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-23-2014 11:16 PM
    Hopefully soon, Windows will stop playing catch up and we'll start seeing exciting things and more products
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-23-2014 11:27 PM
    I purchased L625 about 4 months ago...i like my phone...it's not laggy as compared to android phones which I have been used previously....i like that I switched to WP...,so I prefer the windows phone...and main thing is the battery life of the WP...
    Last edited by Prathameshk; 06-24-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    06-23-2014 11:35 PM
    I'll stay with it. I have a L928 now and I'm excited to see what awesome phone will be available when it's time to get a new one. WP is smooth, powerful, attractive, and still has so much potential to improve in areas like getting more apps, better cameras, batteries, screens, processors, etc. I'm excited for Windows Phone's future. ๐Ÿ™Œ
    06-23-2014 11:39 PM
    Well, I am planning to move on from Windows Phone.
    I'll buy Android phone(will be my first Android phone)
    Now Android offer pretty fast and smooth OS experience.
    Not to mention Google services are better than Microsoft for non USA users.
    And Android app ecosystem is also better.

My experience on Windows Phone is just ok ok ( not bad neither good)
    I like Windows Phone developers preview but other than that , it's just ok. May be because Microsoft services are more US oriented.

I am thinking to buy Moto X successor or next Nexus (if it's exist)
    06-23-2014 11:56 PM
    I hate the fruit company so I have never used them and will never use them. I recently moved from Android (so glad that I did) and now I'm staying with Windows forever. Windows OS is smoother and has everything I need. Android had been a nightmare with constant freezes and lags and reboots. I owned Samsung Captivate, Infuse and Note 2, all had lag and I had to constantly reboot every single day. WP has yet to freeze on me and has been running smooth since day one.
    Last edited by winboy; 06-24-2014 at 06:40 AM.
    06-24-2014 06:30 AM
    If my phone were to break tomorrow, I'd be on the hunt for another Windows phone.
    I don't like Google or Apple, Microsoft is the lesser of three evils.

I also like the layout of the start screen far better than any other smartphone I've had or seen.
    06-24-2014 09:19 AM
    I'm now planning to switch back to Android. The absence of web filter app in the store is a big deal for me. If only they have that option in IE it might not be a problem. Microsoft need to seriously consider this. I hope they will soon!
    06-25-2014 08:53 AM
    I'm going to go back to windows phone as soon as I'm eligible. Android is too wonky

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    06-25-2014 05:09 PM
155 ... 4567