Will you keep using windows phone or move on other os?

m3kk

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Im confused ,

I have choice for

Moto x

iPhone 5s

Nexus 5

Which will be best ??

Any idea?

Edit: I am a bit frustrated with wp, i recently took L 625, i found all my favourite to be launched for 1gb only... Lumia625 was launched with tag bigger screen, bigger processor and faster... Trolled..

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

Obviously you get 5S > sell and buy Lumia 1520/1020 AND nexus 5, yes 5S is that overpriced. Moto x lol
Always go for the most expensive. From there you can change it to what you like..what will you trade your Moto x for? Last Gen wp8 device? IPhone 4S?

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the HTC HD7 Windows Phone 7 Handset, which I thoroughly loved having, then I sold that to get the Windows Phone 8X, which due to a OS change I got a SGS3, which later I became tired off, for a quad core phone it was slow as hell. Then onto iPhone I went, but didn't like that either, all this time, missing the live tiles, so back onto 8X I went and that is what I have now. I suppose I will upgrade handset possible when Windows Phone 10 I released.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
They were. Recently had to use an N97 to transfer some texts and while its not "modern" the actual functionality was years ahead of WP. I guess a lot of people haven't experienced a really powerful mobile OS but WP is far less functional than its made out to be and the drip-drip rate of updates isn't helping at all.
Symbian was really a full-featured OS back then. I personally prefer it than Android in the specs side of view because it does not require a gazillion of cores and RAM to work properly. Too bad Nokia didn't maximize the potential of Symbian.

But hey, at least we have those Lumias. 😉😃

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Symbian was really a full-featured OS back then. I personally prefer it than Android in the specs side of view because it does not require a gazillion of cores and RAM to work properly. Too bad Nokia didn't maximize the potential of Symbian.

But hey, at least we have those Lumias. 

Agreed. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Symbian had a lot of features no longer used. I'd say Windows Mobile was even more complete. What did Symbian in was Nokia's reluctance to simplify their menus and adopt the popular features of the day. It wasn't until Anna that a portrait keyboard came to be and that was too late. The HD2 showed what WM could be running a proper 1gig cpu on a capacitive screen but again, a day late and a dollar short.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 5 if u want android. IPhone 5s if you want apple but its excessively priced.

i have s4, but it drains like hell..
Will nexus5 drain at same rate??
S4 drains at 13hrs normal usage of whatsapp and googling now and than...

Sent from my L625

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
i have s4, but it drains like hell..
Will nexus5 drain at same rate??
S4 drains at 13hrs normal usage of whatsapp and googling now and than...

Sent from my L625

Find out what is causing wakelocks and memory/processor consumption. There are apps for this, or you could root+installing another rom. Disable most of the google services if you're not using them and also turn off samsung consumer features.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Find out what is causing wakelocks and memory/processor consumption. There are apps for this, or you could root+installing another rom. Disable most of the google services if you're not using them and also turn off samsung consumer features.

i will root and let you know the results.. Xda/Ac here i come...

Sent from my L625

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Do you find this acceptable? Is the run of the mill consumer who's never heard of XDA or A/C going to have this knowledge? We know how to find these tweaks because we're enthusiasts but some poor schmuck who just dropped a few Benjamins will be less than thrilled.

Corey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you find this acceptable? Is the run of the mill consumer who's never heard of XDA or A/C going to have this knowledge? We know how to find these tweaks because we're enthusiasts but some poor schmuck who just dropped a few Benjamins will be less than thrilled.

This has always annoyed me about Android. The answer to a problem with a phone should NEVER be to root it. If I have to root a phone to fix something, that's a problem. I don't care if people root their phone for more control or to install different functions. That's cool, and more power to them. But rooting as a solution to a problem shouldn't be an acceptable answer for anybody, but it seems to be the go to answer in the android community, as if it's a cure all.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

go to xda, im there too. My name is same as wpc.. I am beta tester for almost all the roms till my time..

through post counts, thanks and my threads.. You are still inside an egg.
Keep your smartness in your pockets.

Lol, i saw your threads, all are closed.

Sent from my L625

Last edited:

Yasracer

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Had an 820 then a 928...i was attracted with the note 3 big screen size...after using windows phone OS i realised how retarded Android is...biggest mistake sold it after 2 weeks...now waiting for my lumia 1520...things on android cant be done faster than on windows phone...and having office integrated is a huge plus...On WP OS u download an app and 99% the app performs well...the way u want it to be...on android its an infinite search for something basic...

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I was with Android for several years. I had the Captivate, Infuse, Note and a couple of others. Over time each one got laggy. Only way to fix was to do a reset. Phone would be smooth again for a while but got laggy again.

I'll stick with windows....

Jim

bricky23

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
This has always annoyed me about Android. The answer to a problem with a phone should NEVER be to root it. If I have to root a phone to fix something, that's a problem. I don't care if people root their phone for more control or to install different functions. That's cool, and more power to them. But rooting as a solution to a problem shouldn't be an acceptable answer for anybody, but it seems to be the go to answer in the android community, as if it's a cure all.

You shouldn't have to fix things this way, but it is nice that it is possible on android. Wish it were possible to fix things on WP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
You shouldn't have to fix things this way, but it is nice that it is possible on android. Wish it were possible to fix things on WP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ok google , i love that feature.

Today, at my class, one beautiful girl was using using nexus 5, i went near and told ok google show me picture of i love you.. Dam that girl impressed as hell...

Sent from my L625

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
go to xda, im there too. My name is same as wpc.. I am beta tester for almost all the roms till my time..

through post counts, thanks and my threads.. You are still inside an egg.
Keep your smartness in your pockets.

Lol, i saw your threads, all are closed.

Sent from my L625

Care to explain your gibberish in plain English?

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm more than likely sticking with WP for a while. My little Lumia 521 does what I need, and has a good battery life. So I can't really complain.

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had the 620, 820 and lastly the 920.Unfortunately, MS has let me down by not implementing usefull features in its updates, so I've moved on and got a Nexus 4.I'm so so sorry to say but I will not return to WP after spending 2 months with the Nexus.Since I got it, I went form Android 4.3 to 4.4 and 2 days ago to 4.4.2.Each and every update made dramatic improvements to my device, things that I was expecting especially from MS and they never delivered.With the last update, the Nexus 4 is faster, has much better battery life and the new UI looks very fresh.
I still have the 920 so I often compare them side by side, to see how both platforms compete.(especially since they are both the same age and generation).

I agree with you. Amber? Black? GDR3, either basic improvements such as support of 1080p and 4 core processor that should be done a year ago or baby steps. It is rumored that wp8.1 is coming out in Spring, 2014. That is too late for me. I started with HTC titan, bought a Lumia 920. I am currently using a Lumia 1020. In my hand, I have an iPhone 5s and a note 3. At this moment I am not sure which one to keep.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Care to explain your gibberish in plain English?

gibberish? I tested this on a 13 years old kid, he understood. May be you don't have level to understand.

I don't owe you any further explanation...

Anyways, 🙏 thankyou mate.
-------------------------------
Finally, i took 5s. S4 with bunch of awesome roms..
I have best of both world.
Windows phone will remain as my calculator and note taking...

Sent from my L625

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa