Will you keep using windows phone or move on other os?

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
title says it all,personally i will stay on wp8/8.x because of unique ui and smoothness,while it lack of some apps i dont really care,eventually they will arrive...

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I will use WIndows Phone 8 pretty much as long as they keep coming up with updates. I don't see a reason to stop. I use many different phones so I always have room for a Windows phone in my pocket. :)

EnthusiastBrt

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I want a notification center and a call recorder,filders, i want to change my background in whatsapp,desktop etc. I'm bored to have the same look in all aps,sms or whatsapp. If i don't get some of this i will go to iOs. Much colour,i like that.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Jessica Lares

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to decide that when my 520 breaks, which will probably be in 5 years. :winktongue:

Otherwise I don't plan on moving on until then.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Originally I was getting sort of meh with windows phone tbh.

But since getting my 1520, I fell in love with the OS all over again. Its the same software but the big screen is a welcomed new experience.

For me I will be with windows phone at least until late summer or early fall next year. If Nokia and Microsoft have not come out with anything that wows me, I may wind up switching to the iPhone if It has a bigger screen.

But we are getting apps faster now and I don't feel as left out anymore. So for now I am happy where I am. I just need Microsoft to start stepping their game up.....

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
If Microsoft doesn't add some important features to WP then at summer I will buy a high end android phone

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I will have to stick with Lumia 820 for almost a 1,5 year but what i will do than ? I do not know :D. I bought WP only becuse of Nokia . I will sit and wait to see what MS can do on their own. If phones will be good i will might stick with WP if not I will buy a Nexus device. I still miss my Symbian Belle :D.

penetronn

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I've actually tried two times to go to android and once for iOS and come back every time. Yes, android has more apps but the OS experience was horrible. Freezes, random restarts, app crashes, and terrible slowdowns frustrated me at every turn. Stability and speed are worth a lot to me...and wp8 is the best that's I've used. iOS was better than android but I hated the lack of hardware choice and the apple lock in that's demanded of you. So couldn't be happier - nor could the wife who wouldn't give up wp8 unless they discontinued it.

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Android is only for high end devices because it needs high specs but wp8 is for cheaper phones . If you have a high budget then I recommend to go for a android phone and not WP for now. Hope to see a big improvement on 2014

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Android is only for high end devices because it needs high specs but wp8 is for cheaper phones . If you have a high budget then I recommend to go for a android phone and not WP for now. Hope to see a big improvement on 2014

And with Nokia coming out with flagship phones that are the cheapest these days among its competitors, I think that just cements their place as the budget phone market...

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I have no plans whatsoever in moving from WP to another platform. It just works for me. The overall speed of the OS, Live Tiles, Office hub, SkyDrive integration, calendar and contact sync with Windows 8 etc. I also use Family Room a lot now. This just makes WP the best mobile OS for me. There are certainly things Microsoft can do to make it better and improve on current features, but I've tried the competition and know I'm happy where I currently am.

boyyoka

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Phones do not satisfy me any more :(. I will buy a new 1 when they come with advanced holographic features. Dat long wait, tho

Florin Nitulescu1

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had the 620, 820 and lastly the 920.Unfortunately, MS has let me down by not implementing usefull features in its updates, so I've moved on and got a Nexus 4.I'm so so sorry to say but I will not return to WP after spending 2 months with the Nexus.Since I got it, I went form Android 4.3 to 4.4 and 2 days ago to 4.4.2.Each and every update made dramatic improvements to my device, things that I was expecting especially from MS and they never delivered.With the last update, the Nexus 4 is faster, has much better battery life and the new UI looks very fresh.
I still have the 920 so I often compare them side by side, to see how both platforms compete.(especially since they are both the same age and generation).

Amritash Pathania

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Being a microsoft fan and the fact that I dont like google team behaviour, I dont think I LL switch to android ever, so the choices are ios or windows phone, its like 2002 world cup match between Brazil(apple) and Japan (windows phone) .

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've made it a goal to use at least most of the OSes some time ago, from Palm OS, to iOS, webOS, Windows Mobile, Android, and now Windows Phone

Unlike the rest it has never let me down, awkward pauses are minimal, love the design, and its unique compared to my peers. Its not perfect, but its the best fit for me, especially as I have been transitioning to MS services even before picking up my 920.

I expect to be here for a bit.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I probably would stay with Windows Phone, since there is not much I care about. I wont use iOS or android so Windows Phone would be my choice. I dont need much so its perfectly fine, even if it was the super more features in a phone ever (since some people seem to think its soo behind competition). I would still use it since I like the look of it, Im used to it, I rarely use my phone so it wont break easily. and it would work to make calls and some video games and listen to music.

I want a notification center and a call recorder,filders, i want to change my background in whatsapp,desktop etc. I'm bored to have the same look in all aps,sms or whatsapp. If i don't get some of this i will go to iOs. Much colour,i like that. Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

lol... if you want all, that should I ask WHY you got windows phone then? I know Windows Phone will get new features and all, but why did you buy it in first place if you could have bought an android phone for example and have those features already if you want and *need* them so much?
I just find it funny, since you dont know what the future will be, but you know the present and you knew windows phone didnt have all that stuff, and you have no idea if next update will bring it.
next time I would recommend buy what fits your needs, so you dont have to worry if you will get features you want or not and when they will come, instead of thinking you will stop using something in coming months if you dont get what you want. I mean nobody would miss you but it sounds like a waste of money and time.

you know, the logical thing, if something dont do what you want or need, you could just get something else that does it straight away, instead of waiting like if it was the end of the world, and/or expect something to come (in this case update) to change it, since you dont even know if it will come or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3