WP8 (greater than, equal to) iOS, Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysColtron

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

General discussion here to get opinions and thoughts. I have been a member of the Windows family for sometime now, with my Surface RT and L928, and with the recent updates to the OS, GDR3, and slew of apps being more and more available, so excited to play me some Subway Surfer, I want to talk about how Windows is just as good as all other OS, if not better. This will become even more so when they start to roll out WP 8.1. Right now, as we stand, all we are missing is better volume controls, voice assistance, general notification and a few missing apps. Within 6 months to a year we will have all that and more. If within a year we will be at the same level as all others and those OSs haven't made to much HUGE leaps in a year or 2, then imagine where we will be with WP 8.5/9!!

What features are we missing and need to beat out iOS and Android? What apps are we missing and need ASAP? What would you like to see the OS be at a year from now?

Personally: Same day launches for all major apps, First-party Windows Phones by Microsoft, Unified store, Integrated sharing between all Windows devices, Smartwatch and Next-gen Tablet that beats out iPad.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I consider that Windows Phone is superior to the others out of the box.

However, third-party app support is still left wanting (I wand Badland!), and there are some things that I still want (Cortana as a Personal Assistant), but it's good enough for me.

What I personally feel that Windows Phone could have done was take some cues with the MeeGo UI. Now, that was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon