Microsoft: Bonus 20GB of SkyDrive storage for Windows Phone "Enthusiasts"

samy_a

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
re: Microsoft: Bonus 20GB of SkyDrive storage for Windows Phone "Enthusiasts"

Any update from those who got the email, but without a redeem code?

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

The link has the redeem code baked in. Just right click on the link, copy it, and paste it into notepad. You'll see the 5x5 code.

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Never got it yet either, wonder how they decided who gets is and who does not??
Yeah,dont get it either,
I mean,I have a legal microsoft account,I own a windows phone 8,I have 7 GB of skydrive storage,I am probably an MS ****** according to my class fellows(I am the only one who owns a wp in the entire school)
WHY DID NOT I GET MY 20GB FREE STORAGE FOR A YEAR??? :unhappy:

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

I got an email without the code, but I clicked on "click here by 31 January 2014", logged in, and then a dialog box displayed the code, with an option to click 'redeem' or 'cancel'. And it worked :)

samy_a

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I got an email without the code, but I clicked on "click here by 31 January 2014", logged in, and then a dialog box displayed the code, with an option to click 'redeem' or 'cancel'. And it worked :)
Thanks, tried it, but no luck, no dialog box appears.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

That's because there's no printed code in the e-mail. The link is supposed to contain a 25 character code that's actually part of the URL. The problem is that for some people that URL doesn't contain the final 25 characters that are the actual code.

So in the case of your e-mail if you were to right click on that link and hit 'copy link' and then paste the text into Notepad you'd see the redeemcode=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX at the end of it.

For some reason it seems some were sent without that bit in there.

Mine was fine, but others are reporting that theirs are not, even when they do that little check I mentioned.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
That's because there's no printed code in the e-mail. The link is supposed to contain a 25 character code that's actually part of the URL. The problem is that for some people that URL doesn't contain the final 25 characters that are the actual code.

So in the case of your e-mail if you were to right click on that link and hit 'copy link' and then paste the text into Notepad you'd see the redeemcode=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX at the end of it.

For some reason it seems some were sent without that bit in there.

Mine was fine, but others are reporting that theirs are not, even when they do that little check I mentioned.

my link didn't have the 25 character code either. But it worked fine.
I hope those experiencing problems can sort it out.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Huh. That shouldn't be possible with how the Microsoft systems process their offer tokens. In fact it is actually quite literally impossible. I used to work with the guy who handled the offer systems.

I think there's some confusion as regards what I'm saying and what you guys are doing, but I'll let it go with this last bit of info:

Here's the URL that was included in my e-mail: https://skydrive.live.com/options/ManageStorage?redeemCode=Y2PVT-DWN6D-V9DGJ-VGWHD-G8YMC

I don't care if you guys see the code because the 5x5's are unique and it's already 'spent' so no one else can redeem it anyways.

That end bit there is what controls the offer token that is entered on the site. If your link didn't have that offer token, you quite literally could not have had it work.

If you hover over the bit in the e-mail that says "To apply this storage to your account,click here by January 31, 2014.*" (enlarged for emphasis) it will show you the unique link that has your offer token.

I realize some people are saying that theirs for some reason doesn't show the offer token in the URL. That's actually possible if there's a mistake and the e-mail was encoded wrong without it.

However it's literally impossible for the opposite to be true. If the URL doesn't contain the offer token there's nothing to instruct the page to insert the offer token for redemption.

Make sense? :)

Last edited:

samy_a

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Here's the URL that was included in my e-mail: https://skydrive.live.com/options/ManageStorage?redeemCode=Y2PVT-DWN6D-V9DGJ-VGWHD-G8YMC

I don't care if you guys see the code because the 5x5's are unique and it's already 'spent' so no one else can redeem it anyways.

I realize some people are saying that theirs for some reason doesn't show the offer token in the URL. That's actually possible if there's a mistake and the e-mail was encoded wrong without it.

Make sense? :)
Yes, makes sense :)

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I received the email but didn't take advantage of it. The additional storage is only for a year. Meaning I'll probably need to pay for it going forward. The 27GB of free storage is more than enough for me.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I received the email but didn't take advantage of it. The additional storage is only for a year. Meaning I'll probably need to pay for it going forward. The 27GB of free storage is more than enough for me.

No you won't. Read my post above. But I agree, the 25gb is good for me. I doubt I'll even use the extra 20gb

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I did not get the email for some reason, but if anyone would like to trade their code, I have a download of The Maw, Aqua, or Ms. Splosion Man for XBox 360. You can choose whichever two you want. These are from the One Hot Holiday Promotion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs