Android apps on windows phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows8Lover

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am planning to do a start-up. I got to know that Windows phone users love their device, but they have concerns with the number of apps available on the platform. They would like to have popular apps from Android or iPhone available on Windows Phone.

My idea is to make android apps available on Windows Phone. I have explained the idea in following survey.

Could you please help me understand your sentiments as a user? I would really love to have your feedback on this. Here is the link to my survey -
Survey : Run Android apps on Windows Phone

Thank you!

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I took your survey and provided the following feedback:

"The "App Gap" has become very small. Also given the average user only really uses 3-5 apps on a regular basis you may have some business model, not to mention legal issues. I like what you are trying to do here but you had best really do your homework before taking on such a venture."

aseferian

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I would love it if Android apps could run on Windows phones. While the "app gap" has shrunk, it is still quite large. There are some niche apps (e.g., control your home alarm system) that don't have the volume to justify porting to Windows. Personally, I really need jetBlue to port their app to Windows. If something like this could work (I suspect the technical challenges are daunting), it would be terrific.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I took your survey. I really don't think this idea holds water. App developers are turning a corner and many are coming to Windows Phone. Many of the Android apps that aren't on Windows Phone can still be used with mobile websites. The only category where Windows Phone consistently lags behind ios and Android is new flash-in-the-pan games, and I think performance would be an issue in that case.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Theres only one app that android and iphone have that I would like to have. The other 50 or so apps ive found for WP or something im happy with thats on WP.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
took ur survey.
following is my view, which i have submitted in it.

monthly subscription may not be successful as most of the required apps are either free in the android or very cheap. those apps which are paid in android with good money or professional apps, people will keep either spare android phone or wont shift to wp at all.
u must make this service either ad-supported or charges per app so that it will be a Go.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I've suggested something like this several times here. For many people here it's a massive challenge to their self identity and self worth, and they will hate it (see above).
Good luck - I think it's a good idea.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I've suggested something like this several times here. For many people here it's a massive challenge to their self identity and self worth, and they will hate it (see above).
Good luck - I think it's a good idea.

Self identity / Self worth????

Were talking about phone apps here and the viability of the OP's business idea. What are you talking about?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
It would be better to work closely with ios/ android Devs to port more apps to windows phone, and get revenue of doing this. That's better in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium