Looking for budget WP for under $100 (Unocked)

heading4tomorrow

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I hope this is right place to post it, I bought Lumia 520 recently from AT&T but they won't unlock it, it was only $60, what a great deal, but I am not interested in keeping it since I need a device overseas. Do you guys have any suggestions for an unlocked WP device for about $100 or so that's decent? Honestly, I used Lumia 510 and even that phone is an amazing device, also HTC Radar, wow, such speed and stability, does WP ever crash!? Anyway, so I don't mind if it doesn't have the latest specs because I know WP runs well.

Thanks in advance!
No, I don't like to shop for phones on CL at least not for a phone I have to rely overseas.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I shop phones from CL all the time and use them overseas after getting them unlocked from either cellunlocker, unlockthatphone, or by calling T-Mobile customer service

heading4tomorrow

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I shop phones from CL all the time and use them overseas after getting them unlocked from either cellunlocker, unlockthatphone, or by calling T-Mobile customer service

I did not buy 521, I think I should have so I could at least try T-Mo customer service (I am a t-mo customer as well). Also there are no unlock codes for Lumia 520 in any one of the online unlockers nowadays, if you have a source, please let me know I still have the 520 with me but I cannot find a code anywhere, including AT&T.

I was hoping I could find 520 or something for $100 unlocked..

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I spoke with a rep at the Microsoft Store last time I was there, and he told me that the 521 they sell at their store are already unlocked and said I could use it on ATT (since I'm on ATT) if I wanted to. Maybe try checking with a MS store?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I spoke with a rep at the Microsoft Store last time I was there, and he told me that the 521 they sell at their store are already unlocked and said I could use it on ATT (since I'm on ATT) if I wanted to. Maybe try checking with a MS store?

They are not unlocked out of box...gosh I did't expect this reply from a MS store employee, AT&T and T-Mobile...yes but MS?? Come on.! :grin:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Please do some reading when you have some free time my friend, you can't get an ATT phone unlocked by a third party anymore, that stopped about a month ago...AT&T Unlock Changes Putting Resellers Out of Business | TechnoBuffalo
Thanks for the info, I ordered my unlock codes from unlockthatphone for a AT&T 920 and an iPhone 4 while ago and looks like they are still selling them. Unless someone tries to order it from them and gets a denial, I still stand to my point

@OP: I would suggest looking for a Lumia 810 or HTC 8X from T-Mobile instead. If the above ^^^ is true then you might want to stay away from AT&T locked phones

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo