How do we get others to love Windows?

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Windows needs to be more innovative. Everyone is trying to push the envelope when it comes to mobile tech, Microsoft is always a step behind. I still believe Microsoft is a dinosaur in the Mobile tech industry. Everything that the IPhone needs hardware/accessories etc., Apple is in the process of manufacturing. Microsoft is at the mercy of third party manufacturers(who see WP as an afterthought) because it doesn't have the vision to build complimentary hardware and Accessories to make the WP experience enjoyable. As an example, the smartwatch seems to be one of the next big things, none seem to be compatible with WP. So why isn't Microsoft building their own,Like Apple definitely is in the process of doing?

Hopefully they are making a smartwatch and other new items. We need some more MS branded products!

Rainmarie

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes us women like big phones, phablets or whatever you want to call it. Makes sense to me because I do more on it than just talk.

I have held it up to my ear to talk but I prefer the little headset earphones and then I can hold it waist length or lower or to free up my hands when I am home. I change my themes everyday spending what mood I'm in or what I'm wearing. 😂

Rainmarie

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Lots of us love phablets! Because they are phab of course! I change my themes like my mood or to match my outfits. I use earbud headsets to talk on it. I love the size for watching movies and such.

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes us women like big phones, phablets or whatever you want to call it. Makes sense to me because I do more on it than just talk.

I have held it up to my ear to talk but I prefer the little headset earphones and then I can hold it waist length or lower or to free up my hands when I am home. I change my themes everyday spending what mood I'm in or what I'm wearing. 

I need to change my theme more often; I use Blue too often. Maybe I will try yellow for a while?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Lots of us love phablets! Because they are phab of course! I change my themes like my mood or to match my outfits. I use earbud headsets to talk on it. I love the size for watching movies and such.
That makes complete sense. Lots of people have different preferences.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I need to change my theme more often; I use Blue too often. Maybe I will try yellow for a while?

My mom made me wear my sisters yellow snow boots to school once when I lost my black ones.
I got beat up before I could get up the steps to get inside.

I do like yellow tho...
Have fun and don't be scared of yellow!

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Why would you want to make someone love Windows? Surely that's Microsoft's job? Are they paying you?
Also 'love' seems a inappropriate emotion to have towards a piece of software.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
That's very hard to answer, mate. I too don't like WP a bit but I bought my Lumia for the sake of a (nearly) point-and-shoot camera and Nokia's ingenuity in making phones. I was very hesitant at first to have a WP phone since I already have the Nexus 7 and I love the vanilla Android experience, especially rooting and other technical stuff, but Nokia's camera and software are the top among smartphones. Besides, WP is a lot different than Android's and iOS's, and it will be Android overkill for me if I still buy an Android smartphone.

Bottomline: Most people will love WP if they already have a mobile platform with a different platform. They'll love its exotic ecosystem. Only a minority will like to have MS mobile platforms at the same time because iOS and Android have a lot of high-quality apps (and a lot of junk apps too), especially when it comes to games.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Anant Anand

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes... Though I play DEVIL'S ADVOCATE in this forum and try to show wp8 shortcomings in order to improve it... I can proudly say i made 8 of my colleagues shift to wp8. (7 720 and 1 620) ... I have ability to put my point... How? I won't share it... Else, MSFT will use it... Next week after my vacation, u guys will get to see picture of all wp8 office...

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Why would you want to make someone love Windows? Surely that's Microsoft's job? Are they paying you?
Also 'love' seems a inappropriate emotion to have towards a piece of software.

Haha! Maybe MS should pay me! That would be nice.

Maybe love is a strong word; I love WP like I love tacos. Maybe that will help explain what I mean. My point is that my liking of WP has not transferred to others around me liking WP. I guess I thought it would have. That is all. . ..

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes... Though I play DEVIL'S ADVOCATE in this forum and try to show wp8 shortcomings in order to improve it... I can proudly say i made 8 of my colleagues shift to wp8. (7 720 and 1 620) ... I have ability to put my point... How? I won't share it... Else, MSFT will use it... Next week after my vacation, u guys will get to see picture of all wp8 office...

I am confused; why would you be afraid of MS stealing your idea? Are you making $ when you get people to switch?

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that many relate Windows to the crummy old Dell Dimension with like 256 MB of RAM and a crappy Celeron processor that they have sitting in the corner of the family room running Windows XP. Much of the hate of Vista or Windows 8 comes from people parroting the opinions of others. If people have a few minutes to check out Windows for themselves, I think most see it's not that bad. But the non functioning display units at Best Buy aren't helping.

Honestly, I think this idea that people hate Windows is more a techie thing than a general consumer thing. My mother in law has a Vista computer in her living room and not once has she or anyone else complained about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro