How do we get others to love Windows?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Why would you want to make someone love Windows? Surely that's Microsoft's job? Are they paying you?

True statement.

Microsoft also should immediately discontinue the "Scroogled" campaign.
Big boy advertising politics should be minimized when pushing products.
Focus on any positives and listen to the consumer.

When MS learns to saddle the horse correctly then the ride will be easy.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
True statement.

Microsoft also should immediately discontinue the "Scroogled" campaign.
Big boy advertising politics should be minimized when pushing products.
Focus on any positives and listen to the consumer.

When MS learns to saddle the horse correctly then the ride will be easy.

I tend to agree. Negative advertising about competitors like "Scroogled" looks tacky and desperate. Maybe it's a cultural thing - my impression is that it's much more common in the US than elsewhere. It also seems unlikely to make me use Microsoft's services instead. If one doesn't trust one large American company, why would one trust another?

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been quite successful is getting people to give WP a go and that is mainly by being happy with it and helpful to everyone no matter what they have. I have for example set my colleagues' work rotas up using Outlook.com, so they are able to manage their affairs without having to use an app.

Both my old WP7 handsets were sold to work colleagues and four other colleagues have adopted WP since I switched.

It isn't all down to me though; two are avid gamers so Xbox integration helps along with being able to earn achievements. Also Google have helped, as there is a growing distrust of that organisation which I'm fanning for all I'm worth. :)

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
It isn't all down to me though; two are avid gamers so Xbox integration helps along with being able to earn achievements. Also Google have helped, as there is a growing distrust of that organisation which I'm fanning for all I'm worth. :)

Just curious - why do you bother to do this? Do you work for Microsoft? Are you a Microsoft shareholder?

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I tend to agree. Negative advertising about competitors like "Scroogled" looks tacky and desperate. Maybe it's a cultural thing - my impression is that it's much more common in the US than elsewhere. It also seems unlikely to make me use Microsoft's services instead. If one doesn't trust one large American company, why would one trust another?

I think the scroogled ads are clever but I'm not sure the general public likes them. I agree, focus on positives and stop bashing the competition

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been quite successful is getting people to give WP a go and that is mainly by being happy with it and helpful to everyone no matter what they have. I have for example set my colleagues' work rotas up using Outlook.com, so they are able to manage their affairs without having to use an app.

Both my old WP7 handsets were sold to work colleagues and four other colleagues have adopted WP since I switched.

thanks for sharing. I'm the go to person for cell phones in most of my social circles. I'll continue to promote the advantages of WP

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The power of advertising.

Dr. Deflecto here ...
The power of advertising:
Remembering an ad campaign for the iPhone that appeared on the electronic fireplace about 2 years ago.

The ad tagline went on something like:
"If you don't have an iPhone then you don't have an iPhone."

That one always stuck in my craw making me out as a lower form of life being iDeficient.
Considered the ad as a slap in the face and found it irritating and insulting.

Of course this type of advertising probably was aimed at younger gadget junkies rich and poor who just had to have the best of the best.
To this day when I see or hear "iPhone" I think: "Well I don't have an iPhone so I guess I don't need an iPhone" ...

WP may snare and corner the forgotten older consumer meaning people like myself that just couldn't justify a complex very expensive device for say retired life.
Pointing at Amazon's reviews for the L521 there are quite a few of the 580 reviewers mentioning things like:
Got this for my dad he actually uses it
My mom just bought this enjoying it thoroughly
I'm retired and bought this because of price, didn't realize how easy to use and powerful it is

I was told by a saleskid in WalMart the L520 GoPhone and the T-Mobile L521 made their top stolen item list.
So now they are kept under lock and key at the counter.
If thievery is an indicator maybe WP has a chance!
:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster