WP update and the weakness of the brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
WP has a lot of passionate fans and they show their support, but WP is still not a hit. It may sell well in Europe and south America, but the brand is almost nowhere to be seen in the US, in china and in Japan.

WP is the fastest growing mobile OS, but so far people seem to buy them because they're cheap. So apparently the problem is not about the hardware.

The two big problems about WP are the UI that could benefit from a bunch of tweaks here and there and the availability of all popular apps on launch date.

Refresh the UI, gain users and get the apps. It doesn't have to be a complete overhaul, but just something that makes it feel like new.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
WP has a lot of passionate fans and they show their support, but WP is still not a hit. It may sell well in Europe and south America, but the brand is almost nowhere to be seen in the US, in china and in Japan.

WP is the fastest growing mobile OS, but so far people seem to buy them because they're cheap. So apparently the problem is not about the hardware.

The two big problems about WP are the UI that could benefit from a bunch of tweaks here and there and the availability of all popular apps on launch date.

Refresh the UI, gain users and get the apps. It doesn't have to be a complete overhaul, but just something that makes it feel like new.

What are you smoking? the GUI is the best i ever see. i migrated from iOS to Android them to WP8 and WP is the best phone i ever use. Google hate WP, this is why u dont see popular apps like from google. They do not want to invest in WP. WP 8.1 is going to be even better.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Simon, yes, perhaps the uptake on WP hasn't been as fast as some many of us would like to see. But Microsoft is and always has been a long haul company. They don't play the short game. They're looking for a long-term return. Look at how long it's taken them to make a profit on its Xbox division - in fact, have they made a profit on it yet? I honestly don't know. I do know that it's been around for a long time and the last I'd heard they hadn't yet made a profit on it. No, I don't watch the financials...

I know you're frustrated - a lot of us are - and wish that more people would fall in love with what we love about Windows Phone. But right now we don't have any choice but to sit back and enjoy the ride. :wink:

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Simon, yes, perhaps the uptake on WP hasn't been as fast as some many of us would like to see. But Microsoft is and always has been a long haul company. They don't play the short game. They're looking for a long-term return. Look at how long it's taken them to make a profit on its Xbox division - in fact, have they made a profit on it yet? I honestly don't know. I do know that it's been around for a long time and the last I'd heard they hadn't yet made a profit on it. No, I don't watch the financials...

I know you're frustrated - a lot of us are - and wish that more people would fall in love with what we love about Windows Phone. But right now we don't have any choice but to sit back and enjoy the ride. :wink:

It'll take off soon, but W8.1 has to deliver something that can drive some interest from Android and iPhone users.

I'm happy with my device, but Microsoft is probably wondering what's wrong with WP.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
What are you smoking? the GUI is the best i ever see. i migrated from iOS to Android them to WP8 and WP is the best phone i ever use. Google hate WP, this is why u dont see popular apps like from google. They do not want to invest in WP. WP 8.1 is going to be even better.

I'm not saying that I don't like it. I think it would benefit from a couple of changes to make it feel like new without ruining the UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb