I recently ordered an Xbox One from Amazon.de. I had the email open where it said the package was dispatched. Automatically, Outlook.com gave me this "window" above the email saying something along the lines of "It seems your tracking number is <insert number here>. Click here to track your package". And when I click it, it takes me to USPs website and shows the tracking info for my package.

I was really pleasently surprised, it's the little things that make me happy I'm using all these MS services :)
    Jazmac and HeyCori like this.
    01-16-2014 11:54 AM
    That's cool!
    01-16-2014 11:56 AM
    I get emails with tracking numbers all the time in Outlook.com and I have never seen that option. It is a cool feature, but maybe it only works for Amazon purchases?
    01-16-2014 02:56 PM
    I get emails with tracking numbers all the time in Outlook.com and I have never seen that option. It is a cool feature, but maybe it only works for Amazon purchases?
    I'd figure it's more related to UPS rather than Amazon.
    01-17-2014 03:01 AM
    I recently ordered an Xbox One from Amazon.de. I had the email open where it said the package was dispatched. Automatically, Outlook.com gave me this "window" above the email saying something along the lines of "It seems your tracking number is <insert number here>. Click here to track your package". And when I click it, it takes me to USPs website and shows the tracking info for my package.

I was really pleasently surprised, it's the little things that make me happy I'm using all these MS services :)
    Outlook is great all around. I've stopped using Gmail/Drive and moved over to Outlook/Skydrive/Contacts.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30 using Tapatalk.
    01-17-2014 05:27 AM
    Outlook is great all around. I've stopped using Gmail/Drive and moved over to Outlook/Skydrive/Contacts.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30 using Tapatalk.
    Same, i'm doing my best to rid myself of google services now. Bing works perfectly fine for my needs, outlook is better than gmail, not a huge 'cloud' person for storing data but skydrive is nicely integrated. The one issue I do have on my android phone (boo) at the mo is, I can see my outlook contacts but if I add one it ONLY gives me the option to add to google (which never used to be the case in like 4.2.2)
    01-19-2014 07:18 AM
    Same, i'm doing my best to rid myself of google services now. Bing works perfectly fine for my needs, outlook is better than gmail, not a huge 'cloud' person for storing data but skydrive is nicely integrated. The one issue I do have on my android phone (boo) at the mo is, I can see my outlook contacts but if I add one it ONLY gives me the option to add to google (which never used to be the case in like 4.2.2)
    I am also trying to move away from Google, the only thing that keeps me on is Google+. I hate with passion Facebook, can't stand it.
    01-19-2014 07:22 AM
    Only Google service I use now is YouTube, I wish Google never bought it... There's just no alternative for it at this time.
    Aviad Kohn and piff2222 like this.
    01-19-2014 07:31 AM
    Only Google service I use now is YouTube, I wish Google never bought it... There's just no alternative for it at this time.
    Yep, the only service I use Google is also for Youtube. I think Microsoft has a better alternative for nearly every Google product! (except Google+, but I only use Twitter+FB) :)
    Aviad Kohn and ndouni like this.
    01-19-2014 07:39 AM
    I mostly use Gmail but on my Lumia and contacts. Other than that I don't use any Google services.
    01-19-2014 07:47 AM
    Same, the thing that irritates me with it though... if I stay logged in that means google is busy tracking EVERYTHING I go to... I assume by logging out they can't do that so much? I wish they never bought it too, all they've done is spam it to death with ads like everything.
    01-19-2014 07:50 AM
    Outlook.com surprised me recently too. I never expected to hear from that girl again.
    01-20-2014 02:41 PM
    I'd figure it's more related to UPS rather than Amazon.
    I think it works with most courier services (I've had this happen with FedEx shipments as well), but it doesn't happen on every time, so I think it has something to do with the way the tracking number is presented in the e-mail. If it's presented a certain way, then Outlook will read it a certain way and do it's thing with it.
    01-22-2014 09:57 AM