How could Microsoft unify their branding?

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think this is necessary, but they need to make all their devices work together

Even better would be to make their devices and servers work well with other devices and services too. Most people use devices and services from several different providers.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I like the approach with the "X" name, but even if they didn't and kept the same names they have now, it would be nice if they branded a particular logo to all their unified products, or a specific font to the names, for the common folk to know it's all part of the same unified brand.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I like the approach with the "X" name, but even if they didn't and kept the same names they have now, it would be nice if they branded a particular logo to all their unified products, or a specific font to the names, for the common folk to know it's all part of the same unified brand.

The fonts are already unified, and they're transitioning the different products to have their own unique logos with similar design patterns (like the new Bing logo, which was inspired by the new Office logo, which was inspired by the new Windows logo).

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
The fonts are already unified, and they're transitioning the different products to have their own unique logos with similar design patterns (like the new Bing logo, which was inspired by the new Office logo, which was inspired by the new Windows logo).

Shame they didn't do something cool with the Xbox One. Could have been in combination with a cool XBOX logo redesign inspired by the rest of the MS logo's...

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Shame they didn't do something cool with the Xbox One. Could have been in combination with a cool XBOX logo redesign inspired by the rest of the MS logo's...

Yeah, this is true. Xbox has always stood kind of separate from the rest of MS's services, so I'm not surprised, but a redesign definitely would have been cool. Maybe it's in the works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos