01-22-2014 06:04 PM
    Interesting design but seems cluttered.
    01-22-2014 06:31 PM
    I agree. It's a bit cluttered in places. I wouldn't mind it, or something like it, as an option for advanced users, but for the average user it might be too many options/icons at once. Even for advanced users that start menu/screen would probably be too cluttered for small 8" touchscreen tablets.

Also, there are some elements that don't work well for touchscreen interfaces. For example, the Modern UI app (people app towards the end of video) running in a window with scrollbars and minimize/maximize/close buttons. Even when it's docked to the right side of the screen it's still running in a window with those buttons. That kind of defeats the purpose of Modern UI apps since those interface elements are not touch friendly.

Having said that, it definitely has some good ideas. I especially like the look of the updated explorer window.
    01-22-2014 10:04 PM
    Nicely done! I really like it for desktops, but not for tablets
    01-23-2014 11:33 AM
    Nicely done! I really like it for desktops, but not for tablets
    My thoughts exactly.

For non touch Laptops and desktops it seems great. But for touch, not so much.
    01-23-2014 12:05 PM
    I don't really like it. Yes, there are some interesting elements in design and fuctionality that Microsoft could implement, but i feel there is something wrong.Also, I can't find the utility of multiple desktop and i think the metro page in the side is too small.
    01-24-2014 09:15 AM
    Personally I don't like it. I think it would work great for desktop computers but not for touch screen tablets and laptops. I love Windows 8 on my Surface RT. I think it fits it perfect. I rarely find myself going to the desktop. I wish I didn't even have to go there to use Office etc. I had no problem learning it, I have absolutely no problem using Windows 8. I don't' think some people can handle change and they aren't willing to try. I don't want them to revert back to the old Windows. Just my opinion!
    01-24-2014 10:10 AM