SkyDrive is now OneDrive

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Thus is just getting stupid. I think SkyDrive and CloudDrive are closer to the same as OneDrive. These companies just need to get over the fact that you cannot copyright the word One. And who would confuse it, whose heard of one.com. One.con maybe ...

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Than there should be
OneMail
MediaOne
OneSync (which syncs all products with bookmark/password/app+game data/settings)
Interesting One.

Sent via Lumia 625 Black

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Than there should be
OneMail
MediaOne
OneSync (which syncs all products with bookmark/password/app+game data/settings)
Interesting One.

Sent via Lumia 625 Black

Yeah, then Microsoft would have the One a Day vitamin people looking for their cut. Lol.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree. But it's not quite as ludicrous as trademarking the word "Candy"....

Candy Crush Saga Maker Trademarks The Word 'Candy'
This is just more evidence that our IP rights system has run amok. It is time for reform.

It is also time for Microsoft to stand up to Sky, as well as Metro AG. MS has gone weak on us. They had SkyDrive, they should stand up for it. Metro is not the name of the company, it is Metro AG (Metro AG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Microsoft needs to stop bending over every time someone says they're violating their rights.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I do not believe that Microsoft has not done its research. I cannot see how the the ''Onedrive'' by Microsoft will confuse people with the ''Cloud Drive'' by One.com.

Yeah, for it to be that simple for Microsoft to be confounded implies that their attorneys are all still working on their JDs.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This is just more evidence that our IP rights system has run amok. It is time for reform.

It is also time for Microsoft to stand up to Sky, as well as Metro AG. MS has gone weak on us. They had SkyDrive, they should stand up for it. Metro is not the name of the company, it is Metro AG (Metro AG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Microsoft needs to stop bending over every time someone says they're violating their rights.
Back in the day, Microsoft would've just bought out the companies to keep the rights.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wonder when the change will actually take place, and I hope they market it well so people aren't confused.

Posted via the WPC App for Android on my BlackBerry

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
"If there's one thing America needs, it's more lawyers". Homer Simpson

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb