Anyone else having issues with outlook? I've just recieved my new 1020. Will accept my details to login to my MS account but get error 86000C0A everytime I try to sync? Have searched around and disabled chat/sms backup as suggested but still the same. Even updated to black and tried a soft reset but still the same.

Have noticed that on my desktop windows 8.1 machine that the mail app is saying ****@outlook.com is unavailable at the top right? Web works fine. Anyone else having issues?
    01-30-2014 11:10 AM
    Outlook down? LOL
    no.
    I've seen this (fairly commonly) when I am connected to a wifi hotspot, but haven't yet gone into the browser to enter the passwords.

So I would check and double check your data connections, whether mobile data network (and you have data switched off), or the wifi as above.

Edit to add - restart the router if you get stuck, maybe it has port issues too.
    sHAYM4N likes this.
    01-30-2014 11:54 AM
    Thanks will try the router now but having no issues with connections to ie or the store or anything else. It actually does end up downloading email but takes several attempts and always shows the error and requires attention. Have even tried changing my password and have removed old alias that Im no longer using.
    01-30-2014 12:19 PM
    Ugh no joy. Also tried readding my twitter and linkedin accounts. These also throw a sync error, but Facebook is fine for some reason.
    01-30-2014 12:40 PM
    Try this mate:
    In ADUC (showing advanced properties), do a properies on the affected user -> Security --> Advanced --> Tick "allow inheritable permissons..."
    sHAYM4N likes this.
    01-30-2014 01:23 PM
    Try this mate:
    In ADUC (showing advanced properties), do a properies on the affected user -> Security --> Advanced --> Tick "allow inheritable permissons..."
    Sorry if I am being dim, but how does this relate work with outlook.com? Isn't that an exchange feature?
    01-30-2014 01:40 PM
    F*ck knows.
    LOL

I found it on google under a Microsoft answers, but "everyone" marked it as solving their problem.
    01-30-2014 01:44 PM
    Thanks anyway yeah, that's an exchange solution :) Ah well, will keep trying
    01-30-2014 02:29 PM
    I was having this same issue. I turned off sums backup and it fixed it for me. Settings> Applications> messaging> sms backup.
    th0m4s likes this.
    01-30-2014 06:07 PM
    I just reset my phone due to another error I was having on my main Hotmail account for my phone which was apparently unfixable unless you did a hard reset thanks to SMS backup. Now I'm getting this error and I'm about as pissed as can be.
    01-30-2014 07:41 PM
    Ok managed to fix this, but kinda long winded. I think somewhere along the lines my account was messed up, and this has to do with contacts. There were contacts in there which weren't showing on my phone and vice versa. (Think this was due to some crappy android app I'd used a while ago that syncs with facebook). Deleted unneeded and duplicate contacts, removed Messenger contacts (don't need them anymore) removed linked social services (ie. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc). It synced fine a few times then the error came back... Hard reset once more, and everything worked fine! :D
    01-31-2014 05:10 AM
    Hi

I will really appreciate any advice

First, I have the same problem with my Lumia 1020.

I do not use Activesync, Actually i am switching from Android. For some months everything worked fine. But suddenly my outlook account does not sync in auto mode and when i try to do it manually in first instances comes this error 86000c0a and in the same screen when i try it to sync again it does.

I am just only a mere ordinary email user, not enterprise or server user either. just an ordinary guy.

Also it says:

"We are having a problem connecting to blu406-m.hotmail.com. Try again later.

Error code: 80072F30 and most of times 86000c0a"

Second, I created another account for outlook because i thought my actual account has the problem...not!, i created another one and the problem is the same!

So i am not sure if the problem is the Amber software or just merely the outlook.com issue.

Third, it was the third time i made hard reset erasing everything but nothing changed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
    02-17-2014 11:00 AM
    since yesterday i was getting error 85002012. then i switched off chat/sms backup. since then sometimes i am getting 86000c0a error. but it is not that it is not syncing at all, some times it works and sometimes it is randomly showing this error message. can anyone help/advice?
    02-17-2014 09:40 PM
    I was having this same issue. I turned off sums backup and it fixed it for me. Settings> Applications> messaging> sms backup.
    I was having this issue on my Lumia Icon until I disabled sms backup, thank you!
    02-21-2014 12:25 AM
    I have decided to switch from gmail to outlook.com, I'm rethinking the decision now. I cannot get past the 86000C0A error to get mail on my phone. I already tried hard reset, turning off sms backup, and deleting and re-adding the account. This is extremely frustrating!
    02-21-2014 10:29 AM
    That's wierd I'm having the same problem and as soon as I turned SMS back up off it started working. I like having SMS backup. Is there any other solution to this? I am keeping back up off for now
    02-21-2014 04:18 PM
    I JUST started getting this on my Icon. My 928 was working fine, but when I just checked it, it's showing the error too. The Icon DID NOT have SMS Backup on when I got the error.
    02-21-2014 05:23 PM
    I JUST started getting this on my Icon. My 928 was working fine, but when I just checked it, it's showing the error too. The Icon DID NOT have SMS Backup on when I got the error.
    Has this problem been solved yet?
    02-22-2014 07:57 AM
    Has this problem been solved yet?

For me, the issue just up and stopped. I have 2 factor enabled, so I use a special app password, I also have SMS backup enabled. I quite literally did nothing... went to bed, woke up, and it was working fine. Odd.
    02-24-2014 09:35 AM
    guys,. make sure the date and time are right on the device.....had that problem too with the 520...could not figure it out until I tried to check my gmail..then the gmail told me to have the date and time updated...after all was good
    03-01-2014 04:26 PM