What do you guys think about Satya Nadella?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So I'm not 100% privy on this guy, but based on what I've seen from videos from BUILD from last year and the video that was posted on WPCentral about him and I'm kind of excited about it. He seems to know what he's talking about and can be kind of charismatic about it. The main thing I'm excited for is that since he's in charge of their cloud computing section (among others) he can, hopefully, fix Skype and Xbox Live. What do you guys, who probably know way more than I do, think about him?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft watchers such as Mary Jo Foley have been touting this guy since Steve Ballmer announced he is stepping down. Microsoft was certainly complete in it's evaluation process, and Nadella is absolutely a good choice.

I think Skydrive intergration into all MS products has been excellent, and this portion of MS required a working knowledge of all other aspects of MS products, so why not? So long as he is prepared for the long haul (can anyone truly be prepared for a monster like MS?) and is down with the vision of the new MS, I am pleased with their decision.

For those interested:

Microsoft Said to Be Preparing to Make Satya Nadella CEO - Bloomberg

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Nadella as CEO of MSFT

I think after reading up the choice being Nadella is what Microsoft needs as far as leadership.
Hope my instincts are not wrong here.

I agree. Maybe the best thing is not to have Gates always hovering in the "Cloud". Hopefully he feels free to make the hard decisions MS needs to go forward. Don't be surprised if some of his decisions shock the Windows world.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know much about him but he seems like a good refreshing guy. I hope he carries on the "OneMicrosoft" vision

Posted via the WPC App for Android on my BlackBerry

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I seems really smart, sophisticated and professional. I've been rooting for this guy since the beginning, mostly because he's such a huge "cosmetic" improvement:

steve_ballmer.jpgsatya.jpg

Just look at that guy. He's like an awesome, non-arrogant, Indian version of Steve Jobs.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure yet. I'm a little wary of having someone who is primarily an engineer as the CEO. I do think that the CEO should be someone that is creative. Someone that doesn't necessary know the details of the tech, but can more "envision" how regular people would want to use tech.

He might be able to do that. Who knows?

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I think he will be great. But I could be wrong. But what I have read about the guy he seems very competent. Lets give him a chance and see what happens. I am excited about the innovations that he will bring to MSFT broken software.

ZAEENTECH

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
He is a visionary man with deep technology insight. He knows the nerve of MSFT. He is being an excellent engineer in charge of MSFT cloud computing and services knows the very DNA structure that will be at the core of One Microsoft future. Yes, undoubtedly he is right man for the right job.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Now that its confirmed that Bill Gates is coming back as a "technology advisor", I'm really excited. If this guy is basically an Indian Steve Jobs, can you imagine how awesome this could be?

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I know Cnet is known for their....well they aren't the biggest Microsoft fans.

They had an article how Satya should sell off Xbox and Bing and slim down the focuses of Microsoft so they can play catch up in other areas. I don't see how they could sell Xbox, it's a huge business and tons of money comes from it.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
The announcement bio listed his hobbies as Cricket and Poetry. That speaks of someone with attention to detail, concentration, and a long view....

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I know Cnet is known for their....well they aren't the biggest Microsoft fans.

They had an article how Satya should sell off Xbox and Bing and slim down the focuses of Microsoft so they can play catch up in other areas. I don't see how they could sell Xbox, it's a huge business and tons of money comes from it.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

B.S.

Nadella was chosen because they were looking for someone that would best continue the process that Ballmer started of getting MS unified and gaining consumer market share.

You don't do that by removing two divisions that are very consumer focused.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The announcement bio listed his hobbies as Cricket and Poetry. That speaks of someone with attention to detail, concentration, and a long view....

Poetry to me signifies creativity. Creativity that he's willing to embrace instead of hide away.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So far I like the guy. Something else that strikes me a little bit from the clips of him speaking on the main forum, he enunciates his words in the same manor as Bill Gates, anybody else catch that?

Yo Ahhaa, is that a pic of Balmer sweating to the oldies or something? wow. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss