Microsoft may be allowing the ability for Android apps to run on WP

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll only be ok with this IF they only do this for the games, but leave the other malware android apps off. Games on every platform look 99.9% the same so its not like that would be a problem.

Last edited:

Slim Makay

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
If they do that then I'm selling off my Lumia and getting me an iPhone cos that's like the only platform that don't give a sh*t about what's become of android..

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This would be great for WP, but Microsoft has to allow only apps that aren't economically viable in WP. Local apps, niche apps, startups, etc.

A second step would be a Metro API on top of the Android SDK, so devs can reuse most of the Android code but target each platform with its own UI.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Again, IF this is being considered, my guess is that it is a "brain storming" session where ideas are tossed about and then they kick it to a set of engineers to evaluate it. These conversations happen a lot, and most go nowhere. For those looking to scream"ANDROID WINS: MICROSOFT LOSES!!", it is good headlines.

I won't believe ot until I see it. This didn't help BB10 out at all, so I see no huge advantages for WP. (I could see games, like @jas00555, comment #3)

Slim Makay

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Again, IF this is being considered, my guess is that it is a "brain storming" session where ideas are tossed about and then they kick it to a set of engineers to evaluate it. These conversations happen a lot, and most go nowhere. For those looking to scream"ANDROID WINS: MICROSOFT LOSES!!", it is good headlines.

I won't believe ot until I see it. This didn't help BB10 out at all, so I see no huge advantages for WP. (I could see games, like @jas00555, comment #3)

Yes and that is my reason for leaving bb in the first place.... I want to be on a platform that has nothing to do with android or its app...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786