Hi all

I'm new to the forums and to Windows phones, as I have just made the brave switch from android.
    I have set up an Outlook365 trial account just to get used to it, I was previously using Microsoft Outlook 2013 where I had all of my email accounts going to and it all worked fine.
    But now I have the Office 365 on the windows phone (Lumia 1020) and what to set it up the same as I had Microsoft Outlook 2013.

I have a new email address and I receive messages to this email address fine from my PC but I cant access it from the phone.
    I have watched several tutorials regarding this and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    When I click on the Office tile I go to the places page with a list as follows
    phone
    email
    SkyDrive
    Office 365
    I then click the office 365 and I get to the office 365 set up , I tap set up, then Outlook where I put in the details for the email account
    But I get "ACCOUNT ALLREADY EXISTS"

Really starting to loose the plot now,
    Culd somone please put me straight?

Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by HeyCori; 02-16-2014 at 08:30 AM. Reason: personal info removed
    02-16-2014 07:27 AM
    Seems like you already have added xyz@outlook.com when you first setup up your lumia 1020 , try sending a email from another account to your outlook account , and check if you get that email on your phone , if you get all is setup and ready to use
    02-16-2014 08:15 AM
    When you set up your Office 365 trial, did you create an Exchange account and get a new e-mail address either on your own domain or on onmicrosoft.com domain? Is this what you are trying to access on your phone? You would do it through Settings/E-mail and Accounts; check the list there to see if the new e-mail address is included. If not, you can add it as a Office 365/Exchange account. I'm a little bit confused about the outlook.com login. Is this your normal Microsoft ID you used to create the Office 365 trial?

One very important thing I forgot to ask, I assume you created a business account because you are talking about the e-mail. Is this the case? Or did you create a regular home user account?
    02-16-2014 08:35 AM
    Outlook 365 has 2 main types of service. Home and business. 99 bucks a year subscribes u to desktop apps of word, excel, ppt, outlook, and one note. You also get extra skydrive and Skype credits. You need your Microsoft account (something@outlook.com or @live or @hotmail.com) to subscribe. Using the office hub when u have the home subscription is not noticeable. Meaning it functions the same with or without it. You're paying for the desktop apps and some extras.

Now if you subscribe to the business version, depending on the plan u choose, you are getting exchange, SharePoint, Lync, and professional versions of the desktop apps. If you add the business version of office 365 to your windows phone, you will have your exchange mail, calendar and contacts (something@yourdomain.com) and the office hub will have your SharePoint lists and libraries as well as your skydrivepro.

90% of WP users probly don't need an office 365 account on their WP unless your are a business owner or an employee of someone who does.

If you signed up for the home sub (or trial), there is no need to add the office 365 account in the WP account settings because most likely its the same Microsoft account address in your phone.
    Last edited by jasqid; 02-17-2014 at 07:32 AM.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    02-16-2014 08:42 AM
    I want to clarify about my not noticeable statement in the office hub. You would still have all your SkyDrive docs in the office hub from the MS account you use. Regardless of office 365. The office hub will only be different if you have the business version of office 365 in which u then see your sharepoint and skydrivepro show up.
    02-16-2014 08:47 AM
    Hi
    I think this is where I'm getting it wrong, I just want to set it up so I receive emails on my phone.
    02-16-2014 11:54 AM
    Hi
    I think this is where I'm getting it wrong, I just want to set it up so I receive emails on my phone.
    Okay, so this is done under Settings/Email+Accounts. Just use whichever e-mail address you created and its password. You don't need to do anything in the Office hub. If you still have trouble, let us know which Office 365 you subscribed to (personal or business) and if you have Exchange e-mail or just using a regular outlook.com e-mail address.
    02-16-2014 03:08 PM