Its not time switch. But rather; Its time to come home!

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
In the light of the MSFT slogan "It is time to switch." I have come to a conclusion.

Before WP8 I believe that many people who were MSFT users ran off to Android and iOS in search of what other people were enjoying on those platforms. Thus giving the Android and iOS platforms high numbers on the market shares.

I must admit I was one of them.

But things have changed since WP8 and MSFT is making a remarkable come back.

I believe the MSFT slogan should be changed to "It is time to come home."

Are you or any of your friends and family are coming back to WP8 because of the remarkable improvements?

I did. And I am also on the daily basis trying to convince neighbors, co-workers, family, and friends that is time to come home.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I only had one Windows Mobile smartphone- the Samsung Black 2. It was such a horrid phone I went back SCREAMING to feature phones for a while!!

But, yeah, I know a ton of people who used WinMo for a while, then moved to Android. Amazingly, they seemed to not go for the iPhone. Seems iPhone users I know have always been iPhone users.

But I like the slogan better. It feels like a better position of power, and less like Microsoft is "begging" users to try them. Instead, emphasis that at some point EVERYONE has used MS products, and now it is time to come home for your smartphone as well.

Like it.... like it a ton!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I never used Windows Mobile. I used Nokia Symbian and BlackBerry back when Windows Mobile was popular, and never even played with a Windows Mobile device in a store. I only knew Windows Mobile from the Samsung Jack commercial with Ozzy Osbourne on TV.

I do know one person who still has the Samsung Jack. Perhaps I'll be able to get him to upgrade to a new Windows Phone.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I never used Windows Mobile. I used Nokia Symbian and BlackBerry back when Windows Mobile was popular, and never even played with a Windows Mobile device in a store. I only knew Windows Mobile from the Samsung Jack commercial with Ozzy Osbourne on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVZmwiH2_Yk

I do know one person who still has the Samsung Jack. Perhaps I'll be able to get him to upgrade to a new Windows Phone.

Lol Laura, yes please have your friend up grade to a new NL 925. Of course new comers are pick up along the way like yourself. But I believe that like myself many Android and iOS users today originated with MSFT. It is time to come home.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I only had one Windows Mobile smartphone- the Samsung Black 2. It was such a horrid phone I went back SCREAMING to feature phones for a while!!

But, yeah, I know a ton of people who used WinMo for a while, then moved to Android. Amazingly, they seemed to not go for the iPhone. Seems iPhone users I know have always been iPhone users.

But I like the slogan better. It feels like a better position of power, and less like Microsoft is "begging" users to try them. Instead, emphasis that at some point EVERYONE has used MS products, and now it is time to come home for your smartphone as well.

Like it.... like it a ton!!

I agree.

"But I like the slogan better. It feels like a better position of power, and less like Microsoft is "begging" users to try them. Instead, emphasis that at some point EVERYONE has used MS products, and now it is time to come home for your smartphone as well."

That's very well said snowmutt. Thanks

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
But, yeah, I know a ton of people who used WinMo for a while, then moved to Android. Amazingly, they seemed to not go for the iPhone. Seems iPhone users I know have always been iPhone users....

Raises Hand.

Had 2 WinMo devices.
A beast of a device - a work issued Samsung SCH I830. The vibrate mode could rattle doors and windows.

A Moto Q9C. Really loved this device, even though it wasn't pen enabled. Very Blackberry-ish.

After that, had two Androids before throwing in with my Lumia 928. AT&T has barely existent coverage in my area, so iPhones were slow on the uptake for everyone until they came to Verizon.

I really was bought into the Android experience, but at the present, I'm pretty jaded about it, and not really sure why.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm home.

Pretty good thread!
Interested to see what others have to say also.

6 months with Windows Phone this week ... for me it's been no time fiddling more time using.

mrvhin1216

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, right, nice slogan! It's really time to come home. I'm about to convince my gf to buy a 1020, rather than an iPhone 5s. Selling point? She'd be a standout, since our friends either have iPhones or Androids! WP8 FTW!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, right, nice slogan! It's really time to come home. I'm about to convince my gf to buy a 1020, rather than an iPhone 5s. Selling point? She'd be a standout, since our friends either have iPhones or Androids! WP8 FTW!

That was one of the selling points to my daughter when she jumped on the L1020. She would be DIFFERENT. Trend setter. Ahead of the curve.

The fact the camera is better then most cheap digital cameras.... complete bonus.

She loves her phone. Hope your girlfriend gives it a whirl. She will too. I can just sense it....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Raises Hand.

Had 2 WinMo devices.
A beast of a device - a work issued Samsung SCH I830. The vibrate mode could rattle doors and windows.

A Moto Q9C. Really loved this device, even though it wasn't pen enabled. Very Blackberry-ish.

After that, had two Androids before throwing in with my Lumia 928. AT&T has barely existent coverage in my area, so iPhones were slow on the uptake for everyone until they came to Verizon.

I really was bought into the Android experience, but at the present, I'm pretty jaded about it, and not really sure why.

Makes me wish my experince with Wn Mo was better. Most everyone else seemed to like it. But that Blackjack 2 I owned just didn't load. Like... ever. Just froze, stuck dead. Like it forgot it was a piece of tech and instead thought it was a hibernating groundhog that just saw it's shadow.

6 more weeks of sleep.

vihci

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I think it's a great idea. "coming home" seems like a old friend's call. It reminds us that there was a time we only used the windows 95/98 and it was a treasure with anyone have a computer. But time has changed everythings, in the technology era, nothing can stand still forever without making some wrongs. Anyway, it good to see the coming back of the old king MSFT. I'm ur loyal fan, as always.

Sent from my Lumia 1320 using Tapatalk

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
We've included the latest state of the art safety and security installations, the exterminator finished and is now busy elsewhere, we've remodelled almost everything including new music, drawing and family rooms... it even has a kids corner. The interior has been entirely redecorated, and all your friends are invited... It's time to come home...

mrvhin1216

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
That was one of the selling points to my daughter when she jumped on the L1020. She would be DIFFERENT. Trend setter. Ahead of the curve.

The fact the camera is better then most cheap digital cameras.... complete bonus.

She loves her phone. Hope your girlfriend gives it a whirl. She will too. I can just sense it....

Oh, you have no idea how excited she is! Too bad, we still have to wait for our paychecks on the 28th (I'm getting a 1520 for myself!). Anyway, that's is just a few sleeps from now. I also told her that we can sort of integrate our phones via Family Room once she gets her 1020. Nice! :)

jedpatrickdatu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I like your slogan better than MS's. It's more warm, inviting, and emotional, like WP. This slogan would work well on people who use Android but find it complicated and difficult to use.

I hope Microsoft sees your post.

vihci

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
We've included the latest state of the art safety and security installations, the exterminator finished and is now busy elsewhere, we've remodelled almost everything including new music, drawing and family rooms... it even has a kids corner. The interior has been entirely redecorated, and all your friends are invited... It's time to come home...

That's right, we've just left home for a while because of restruction and we have no places to live. Nothing can compare with home and we're excited in coming back:)

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I think it's a great idea. "coming home" seems like a old friend's call. It reminds us that there was a time we only used the windows 95/98 and it was a treasure with anyone have a computer. But time has changed everythings, in the technology era, nothing can stand still forever without making some wrongs. Anyway, it good to see the coming back of the old king MSFT. I'm ur loyal fan, as always.

Great slogan for MS to start using. Can you picture the opening? "it's time to come home" as the screen pans back and shows the complete integration of a Desktop, Laptop, Tablet and WP showing the same screen and integrated together.

That would really be a nice way to play your slogan.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
In the light of the MSFT slogan "It is time to switch." I have come to a conclusion.

Before WP8 I believe that many people who were MSFT users ran off to Android and iOS in search of what other people were enjoying on those platforms. Thus giving the Android and iOS platforms high numbers on the market shares.

I must admit I was one of them.

But things have changed since WP8 and MSFT is making a remarkable come back.

I believe the MSFT slogan should be changed to "It is time to come home."

Are you or any of your friends and family are coming back to WP8 because of the remarkable improvements?

I did. And I am also on the daily basis trying to convince neighbors, co-workers, family, and friends that is time to come home.

Please point out a single "come home" campaign from any company that has had any success. They are based upon a fundamental acknowledgment that a company failed at something and wants a second chance - the consumer world does not work that way. As Microsoft also mostly lost the market before things were even called smartphones there are probably a lot fewer people than you would think.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Please point out a single "come home" campaign from any company that has had any success. They are based upon a fundamental acknowledgment that a company failed at something and wants a second chance - the consumer world does not work that way. As Microsoft also mostly lost the market before things were even called smartphones there are probably a lot fewer people than you would think.

rain-on-my-parade.jpg

...and there it is
:smile: