Anyone think that the new windows phones will now support this beast? Especially with the new support for MicroSD Cards i think it would be huge for WP to support it first.

But real talk... I just want to know what your guys take is on this new 128 GB MicroSD card working in a Dell Venue 8 PRO...
    02-23-2014 11:23 PM
    I'd rather push that puppy in my Dell Venue 8 Pro or my Surface. I promise you , I don't want my phone trying to manage that much data. It would kill my battery before I got to work.
    02-24-2014 12:04 AM
    I'd rather push that puppy in my Dell Venue 8 Pro or my Surface. I promise you , I don't want my phone trying to manage that much data. It would kill my battery before I got to work.
    True but just knowing and having the option wouldn't hurt, plus if a new lumia had the hardware optimized for it I'm sure battery life wouldn't/shouldn't suffer too much. Hopefully my DV8P can support it tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-24-2014 12:06 AM
    True but just knowing and having the option wouldn't hurt, plus if a new lumia had the hardware optimized for it I'm sure battery life wouldn't/shouldn't suffer too much. Hopefully my DV8P can support it tho

Ain't that much optimization in the world. lol. Batteries always take a hit. The more data you put on a phone, the more resources it uses. They are no different than laptops. You get great battery when its not doing much. Add a few processes and the degradation begins.
    02-24-2014 12:27 AM
    True... But look at laptops and phones nowadays. I'm sure someone's conjuring up the worlds slimmest 4000mah smartphone battery. Plus with processors being more efficient on usage (I.E. MacBook Air, haswell processors, etc.) I don't see why this new microSD card couldn't find the perfect love in a smartphone/tablet.

02-24-2014 12:41 AM
    That much memory on such a small memory sticks scares me. Things like how many times can you rewrite on it, read and write speed without errors...etc...
    02-24-2014 12:45 AM
    That much memory on such a small memory sticks scares me. Things like how many times can you rewrite on it, read and write speed without errors...etc...
    True! But it also excited me at the same time! I'm sure it'll have flaws but hopefully Sandisk or anyone else isn't pushing these memory cards with out fully testing them.

palandri likes this.
    02-24-2014 12:53 AM
    True... But look at laptops and phones nowadays. I'm sure someone's conjuring up the worlds slimmest 4000mah smartphone battery. Plus with processors being more efficient on usage (I.E. MacBook Air, haswell processors, etc.) I don't see why this new microSD card couldn't find the perfect love in a smartphone/tablet.

Yes, in the lab a Macbook air will do numbers like that. My son owns a fairly tricked out Macbook Air he got last year. It has a really good battery. But after the installation of another OS, (Windows 7) Mac Office and a slew of Mac apps, a battery life difference is noticeable. Boots on the ground always yield a different view of what they told you to sell it. which is why the disclaimer is always there. "Your mileage may vary".
    But I'm with you on a 4000 mAh battery idea. One day.
    02-24-2014 08:16 AM
    Yes, in the lab a Macbook air will do numbers like that. My son owns a fairly tricked out Macbook Air he got last year. It has a really good battery. But after the installation of another OS, (Windows 7) Mac Office and a slew of Mac apps, a battery life difference is noticeable. Boots on the ground always yield a different view of what they told you to sell it. which is why the disclaimer is always there. "Your mileage may vary".
    But I'm with you on a 4000 mAh battery idea. One day.
    True. Hopefully future implementation of all of this new tech will fall into place soon!

Funny thing is I don't really care about it being in a phone until my phone can run a full fledged desktop OS. I have a 64gb iPhone 4S and have barely used 30gb yet. But this in my DV8P would be killer since I can't upgrade it's internal memory.

02-24-2014 09:47 AM
    Next we'll be hearing people say when are the 256GB sticks coming out. I can't fit half of my music on a 128GB stick.
    lee_michael_f92 likes this.
    02-24-2014 10:23 AM
    True. Hopefully future implementation of all of this new tech will fall into place soon!

Funny thing is I don't really care about it being in a phone until my phone can run a full fledged desktop OS. I have a 64gb iPhone 4S and have barely used 30gb yet. But this in my DV8P would be killer since I can't upgrade it's internal memory.

Kind of my point about having Sprint and its unlimited data. In two years with sprint, think I almost broke 1 gig of data once. Almost everyplace I go, there is wifi. And given the choice, I'm riding that wifi data stream every time. Having tons of anything is no panacea. I don't see the point of storing all the music you own on a phone, ( unless you're a DJ ) like unlimited data is just a sales pitch. Most people simply don't use that much data. The average is 2 gig.
    02-24-2014 04:35 PM
    ReadyBoost for WP!!!!!!
    lee_michael_f92 likes this.
    02-24-2014 05:15 PM