Do you still use Windows 7?

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't blame anyone for sticking with W7. After all, the need for an upgrade isn't as great as that with Vista. However, that doesn't mean W8.1 isn't a significant step forward and if people really can't stand the Modern UI the boot to desktop option is only a Bing away.

For myself, I like W8.1 even on my non-touch laptops. I like the way information is presented without my even having to open an app and the way so much information is synchronised, even with my phone. Also, don't forget that W8 apps are vetted, so won't infect your PC.

With a more open approach, there's an awful lot to like about Windows 8. It has proven itself fast and reliable, and will enable the seamless integration of your desktop and mobile electronic lives.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Ill be on Windows 7 until my laptop breaks down, which may be sooner than I like (Dell's suck, by the way).

My next machine will have W8. I don't have a preference between them, but probably wont use much of the Metro interface.

nx_2000

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I still use Windows 7 on my dual-monitor gaming desktop. I understand its appeal on smaller devices and convertible tablets, but I abhor the idea of touching a full-size computer monitor for any reason... and Windows 8 on non-touch devices is pretty lame. The last thing I want on my color-calibrated LCDs are fingerprints.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask what you mean by "a more open approach"?

I think he/she means "open mind."

I'm at my parents' using their Dell w/Vista. I'm thinking, if I put W8.1 on it, they'd be calling me everyday to ask how the eff to do stuff and/or cuss me out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Marco Miranda1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I use windows 8 since the developer preview back in 2011, in my old 2005 PC and now in my last year Laptop
Never stand windows 7 lol, I used like 2 months maximum maybe

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I think he/she means "open mind."

I'm at my parents' using their Dell w/Vista. I'm thinking, if I put W8.1 on it, they'd be calling me everyday to ask how the eff to do stuff and/or cuss me out.

Ah, I see. I think you're right. We had a short discussion about 'openness' in another thread and I was still thinking about that.
Have to agree with you about Windows 8.1.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I use Windows 7 at my workplace and I still prefer it to Windows 8 at home. Looking forward to update 1.

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
WIndows 7 at work and pretty much Windows 7 at home (Primary OS). I dual boot with Windows 8 and Have a WIndows 8 Pro tablet. Sure I use Win 8.1 on the tablet for basic stuff but, my main desktop uses WIndows 7 and I dont really plan to change.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a notebook that has Windows 8 on it when it came out! I decide to reformat the drive and put back Windows 7 on it! It took all day to do but it was worth it! I have WP8 in my Nokia 521 but I cannot get use to Window 8 on the desktop/notebook computer. My desktop has Windows 7 Ultimate. I been using a MacBook Pro 15" for a couple of weeks now - one of my Apple friends said to try it while he was on vacation. I really like it but not sure I want to spend $2,200 - double that amount for a Windows based notebook.

soundscan9800

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Still use it everyday. Both my home machines, laptop and AIO are recent HP products and I bought Windows 7 for them. Will continue to use Windows 7 until Microsoft properly addresses issues with Windows 8 on traditional systems, or they decide to switch back to the traditional desktop environment for Windows 9. I really, really enjoyed that concept from a while back that made the rounds on the tech sites from Jay Machalani (???). If Windows 9 is anything like that, take my effing money now!

Posted via the WPC App!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss