I'm on verizon, get Icon or wait for 8.1 phones?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking from a general design aesthetic. Based on their historical designs I much prefer the build quality of Nokia over the plastic Samsung phones, and don't get me started on their faux leather backs.

Hey, g808, I was wondering, what do you think about Samsung's faux leather backs?

*snowmutt pulls out popcorn, waits for response*

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Who knows when the next high end WP8.1 for Verizon will show up. If you're willing to wait. It could be at least 3 months and might not even be a high end phone.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Heya,
So I'm new to the whole WP world. I've been waiting for an excuse to switch over for a while now. The icon looks pretty awesome, but I'm hearing rumors that it's going to be outdated quickly because at MWC or Build Microsoft will likely introduce a new line of phones, all built for 8.1 (no hardware keys, etc)

Whats the general thoughts? I've waited on getting a new phone for a long time, so a few months isn't a big deal and I'd HATE to have it be superseded so quickly . But I know that Verizon tends to really lag on WP so should I jump in now?

Thanks!

Honestly, the specs won't be too much better in 8.1 (think of the SGS4 to SGS5). So if you're in for specs, go for it and get yourself an Icon. However, the next set of phones will have more features (I'm waiting for the 3D-touch Nokia phone myself that was rumored a couple months ago).

That's pretty much your call if you want to wait until July or not though. :)

Kurt Kristoffersen

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Verizon windows 8.1 update for Icon who knows?
In this case and as per my business sense, no news from Verizon are very bad news!
Nokia Icon is an absolutely topnotch smart phone, but the Icon is so far only for Verizon, so if you want to have an similar topnotch Nokia phone with the Windows 8.1 update, you can now walk straight over to AT&T today (July- 26- 2014) and swap over to them from Verizon as they just released the 8.1 update for their Nokia 1520 phone. :smile::smile:

Scott Z

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Getting Windows 8.1 Dev preview is fairly easy. I did it on my 822 and now on my Icon. The Icon is almost the perfect phone. Nokia should have included a MicroSD slot and it would be perfect. Nokia's camera phones are bar none the best. The adds of 8.1 I used most are Cortana, Notification bar and back ground options. I also love having Windows for getting in touch with the office. Having Lync on my phone is great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs