View Poll Results: Which music player do you prefer?

27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox Music

16 59.26%
  • Nokia MixRadio

11 40.74%
12-05-2014 05:32 PM
33 12
    Nokia Music+ is great for me, especially with the offline mixes.

I don't use Xbox Music, since I buy my music from I've never bothered adding my personal music to my device, since I either use Nokia Music+ or other streaming services (TuneInRadio, Songza, iHeartRadio, Pandora, Slacker).
    05-08-2014 09:42 PM

Never used streaming music before and MixRadio is great. Simple and looks way better than Xbox
    05-08-2014 09:49 PM
    What I like about XBox Music:
    - In 8.1 I can now create playlists fairly easy.
    - I can scrobble songs I listened to to through ScrobbleMe.
    What I don't like:
    - Laggy, slow, confusing, What is all that nonsense in the menu like "special music"?

What I like about MixRadio:
    - Mixes created by selecting three artists are great (I try to give Nokia a hard time by selecting stuff like Beatles + Iggy Pop + Stone Roses but they keep coming up with decent mixes).
    - Offline mixes are great.
    - PlayMe will work great once I will have set it up properly.

What I don't like:
    - No possibility to scrobble.
    - Design is just horrid. And confusing. I totally don't understand its startscreen - tiles cluttered across the screen with and without covers both from the internet, from my collection, from mixes, single songs whatever.
    - Why can't it just read my favourite artists from my home collection, my stats or from the music collection on my phone? I have some favourites which I must have added once, I have something which was "added for me" (whatever it means) and I somehow don't have my tastes represented.
    - I cannot see any play history. So, for each song's title/artist I have to access the phone.

I would love to manage my home music collection on my NAS with the Win 8 MixRadio app but I can't even get MixRadio to adjust to a path different from MyMusic. I would also love to sync my phone (incl. likes and stats etc.) to my phone collection but I can't see Nokia putting any effort in it, so I will have to rely on MediaMonkey, MusicBee or DS AudioStation for quite some time.
    05-10-2014 11:04 AM
    Oh I just found out that I can view my play statistics. But I cannot like our dislike tracks...
    05-10-2014 05:39 PM
    I tried both in the past, but currently I have no subscription. What I like about XBOX Music is that it offers more music - MixRadio seems a bit more limited. But one also has to understand that Xbox Music is more for people that know which artists they like to listen to and search specifically for these songs/Albums. It will make suggestions of similar artists though.
    MixRadio follows more the idea of a radio station. You pick the genre of music (or ask it to create a mix with your favorite artists) and it will confront you with new artists and songs to experience. MixRadio+ gives you unlimited skipping, unlimited offline mixes and (if available) the lyrics of the song playing. It also gives you updates about your favorite artists and concerts.

Confusing with XBox Music Pass was, that while the abonnement is active, you can download and use songs, but once you terminate it, those songs cannot be played. So either you keep paying or you buy them separately. Since I can buy songs I like even without the abonnement, I prefer MixRadio to find new artists and just listen to music, and Xbox free for browsing for specific songs or artists.
    05-31-2014 06:20 AM
    I mostly use xbox music...
    But today while opening the app, it was stucked on loading screen.. even tried it after restarting the phone, bud didn't help...
    Any one else facing this problem.?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    05-31-2014 06:46 AM
    I mostly use xbox music...
    But today while opening the app, it was stucked on loading screen.. even tried it after restarting the phone, bud didn't help...
    Any one else facing this problem.?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    Same here. And I also have had the error of Xbox music not updating ever since the first update came out. Anyone here knows the fix?
    Last edited by keerthi vasan; 06-02-2014 at 07:55 AM.
    06-02-2014 07:43 AM
    Hello. I've been flogging my way through all the streaming apps trying to find the right one. As you are a user can you tell me,

Are mixes the equivalent of stations ?

I notice in some apps when you start a station the same list of songs come up, is this the case with Mix Radio,?
    12-05-2014 05:32 PM
33 12