What is Office 365?

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
What does it do? How is it different from office 2010/2013?
Is it free? If not, how much does it cost? Please explain, especially the difference between it and other office versions.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
office 365 is subscription based. instead of a one time fee like traditional office, it is a subscription, giving you the most recent version of office (2013) on up to 5 devices.
Merely checking out the webpage for it should answer the cost question.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Office 365 is a subscription service from Microsoft. It has various tiers, each of which have different costs.

At this point, the lowest priced one is 100$ a year. You get to download Office on up to 5 Macs/PCs and up to 5 smartphones, get 20gb of OneDrive space, and 60 minutes of Skype minutes per month. Also, subscribers get the new version when it comes out. In the spring, they plan on introducing an individual plan for 70$ a year and somebody will have to help you find the details on that one as I cannot find much.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Also worth noting, the iOS and Android (phone) versions of Office require a 365 subscription. (unless that's changed recently)

If you're looking for free, Office Online (office.com) is a decent solution.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
"You get to download Office on up to 5 Macs/PCs and up to 5 smartphones."
Is 5 desktop pcs and 5 smartphones (total 10 devices) or just 5 devices(pcs and smartphones)?

Windows Phone already has MS Office, but there is a 365 option. Suppose I have a 365 account, and I register to my office mobile with 365. Will now mobile be included in that 5 device limit?

What would be the benefit of adding 365 to my mobile? It will sync all office documents across devices, is it true?

Thanks!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What would be the benefit of adding 365 to my mobile? It will sync all office documents across devices, is it true?

I can't say about the rest of your questions, but its just a different payment option. Do you value Office on multiple computers, on iOS, Android, and having the latest version among some other perks?
As long as you use OneDrive, your documents should be synced regardless if you have 365 or not.

There are different tiers of service.

Microsoft Office 365 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
"You get to download Office on up to 5 Macs/PCs and up to 5 smartphones."
Is 5 desktop pcs and 5 smartphones (total 10 devices) or just 5 devices(pcs and smartphones)?

Windows Phone already has MS Office, but there is a 365 option. Suppose I have a 365 account, and I register to my office mobile with 365. Will now mobile be included in that 5 device limit?

Thanks!

It's 10 total.

WP Office doesn't count against it, it's more for the iPhone and Android apps. And yes, it will sync your things. If you had normal Office, and a OneDrive account, it'd do that as well. The main benefit is constantly being up to date, the storage, and the minutes for Skype. WP already syncs your documents, or at least it should. Mine does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss