WP: A year later - Nothing has changed!

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's one reason I'm nervous of going windows phone. I really wonder if this is going to change or not . Hope it does.

My take is get what you like. Don't worry about whether or not others like it, or if it's as popular.

A smartphone is both a toy and a tool...the people who use them as status symbols or buy 'what's in' without regard for what they want confuse me.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I remember when I traded in my Droid for a 928 I was super excited. The Droid was a temporary phone. I liked it at first, but it didn't fit me. Anyways, the guy kept trying to push another Droid. Even when I said I wanted the 928. I told him I wasn't an application guy and he stopped. He said he liked the phone, but it didn't have enough apps. Its not that they don't agree. They just aren't car salesmen. They can't sell sh#t at carriers.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I remember when I traded in my Droid for a 928 I was super excited. The Droid was a temporary phone. I liked it at first, but it didn't fit me. Anyways, the guy kept trying to push another Droid. Even when I said I wanted the 928. I told him I wasn't an application guy and he stopped. He said he liked the phone, but it didn't have enough apps. Its not that they don't agree. They just aren't car salesmen. They can't sell sh#t at carriers.

It's usually more related to commission and if they are more familiar with a specific model or OS then they can push that and get bonuses and such. It's the same as car salesmen to be honest. They get better perks off certain sales.

I will agree however that generally they aren't very good with their selling skills. Someone who walks in and is specifically asking for a model is a super simple sale.

Kahuna Cowboy

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, why on Earth if a customer comes in asking about iPhone or Samsung would I pitch the great unknown in Windows Phone? All that is known is they are a late comer, they are the third place eco-system in a two eco-system race, and after several years on the market it has gone nowhere meaningful in market share.

Microsoft was too late to be the belle of the ball, and the Windows brand is not doing it any favors. If I were Microsoft I would rebrand WP and really chase after the prepaid market with top tier premium handsets at fair prices, something iPhone, Samsung, and HTC have failed to do. How awesome would it be to get a Nokia 1520 at $399 unlocked? Follow the Nexus path.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
My take is get what you like. Don't worry about whether or not others like it, or if it's as popular.

A smartphone is both a toy and a tool...the people who use them as status symbols or buy 'what's in' without regard for what they want confuse me.

We'll, my fears aren't so much what's cool , my fears are developer support , app availability, and wether it's going to be able to communicate with devices like android and iOS can. For example, you can't use chrome cast with a WP.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, if you have that much fear, just stick to what your comfortable with using. Don't worry of what the forum members are saying. If you have done your research, make a decision. Its mostly bias opinions here. Do it or don't. Stop procrastinating. Make that executive decision.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, if you have that much fear, just stick to what your comfortable with using. Don't worry of what the forum members are saying. If you have done your research, make a decision. Its mostly bias opinions here. Do it or don't. Stop procrastinating. Make that executive decision.

If it's so biased here, then why are you a member out of curiosity? I just tell people to get what works for them, but will always answer the questions that I can.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
If it's so biased here, then why are you a member out of curiosity? I just tell people to get what works for them, but will always answer the questions that I can.

I am member because I have a windows device. Is it not bias? Its a windows forum is it not? I was just giving the guy a straight foward answer, so he can make a decision and not give him the run around. I also said "mostly". Not all. It wasn't an attack on you personally.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I am member because I have a windows device. Is it not bias? Its a windows forum is it not? I was just giving the guy a straight foward answer, so he can make a decision and not give him the run around. I also said "mostly". Not all. It wasn't an attack on you personally.

buddy, if u say its mostly biased here, it mostly applies to everyone. basically, this forum is for them, who enjoys a WP, and not for them who have bought WP bcoz they dont have other choice. think about it. those who have bought without choice, do not go discussing features, apps, etc. as they didn't have the choice.
thus we assume that, everyone here is enjoying it.
and then, if u come in a house and start yelling that the people in the house are not good, obviously, people in the house are gonna ask u to get out.
in here, we sometimes do chat harshly with each other, but definitely we not consider each other bias, and definitely let it out loud.

anyway, back to the point,
i disagree with many facts such as no changes in last one year (oops, u must be missing couple of updates then), secondly, check out the updates announced yesterday, which will be available within a short time (in this month itself for developers, in few weeks for all users), u won't complain about no changes ever.
in my country, i am seeing some device short on supply, but one fact is for sure, the sales person do want to sell WP, they are getting customers, and they have stocks for all devices except one or two.
i am seeing WP almost everywhere now, i see them with many people which i never imagined they will try, and found them happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel