A question about MWC 2014

BlackZeppelin

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I have a question about the recently hosted Mobile World Congress 2014. Here is a link where Nokia CEO Stephen Elop is being interviewed in public:

We're live from Nokia's MWC 2014 event!

Please excuse my ignorance but I am new to Windows phone and the ins and outs of the upcoming Microsoft takeover of Nokia. In this interview, Stephen Elop is being asked all manner of questions about upcoming services, developments, phones, platforms etc. Early in the interview, he is asked about the next PureView smartphone and says, "No announcements" and then proceeds to say that Nokia intends to differentiate itself from other phone makers by camera innovation. He then says, "Watch this space".

Sorry to sound so ignorant, but I don't really understand all the relevance of asking Stephen Elop all these questions when Nokia is about to be acquired by Microsoft. I mean, is he in any position to state about the future of Nokia and all its various enterprises? Why isn't the CEO of Microsoft being interviewed instead.

Again, sorry for what may be blindingly obvious, but I would really appreciate clarification for a newbie like me.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Nokia is still operating as Nokia up until the take over and probably beyond that for a bit. The transition won't be immediate, it never is with these things.

Nokia has developed new phones for WP8.1. There's several rumours running around but nothing official. Nokia has used camera technology as a way of differentiating itself from other WP OEMs so he's not saying anything new.

At this point Elop is still CEO of Nokia. Until the final stages of the take over he will remain CEO. He therefore knows the most of what Nokia is up to at this stage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte