Why Windows Phone Will Become the N?1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
WP8 is looking very good right now, the problem is...the world doesn't know it. It's not a mainstream OS and Microsoft needs to get it there. Marketing strategies will play a big role in WP8's future.

Reui

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
It just lacks marketing. I don't see any ads here in my country and Nokia shops closing one by one at malls making it less familiar now. I see a bright future for the OS. I'm a .net dev, it's funnier to dev on mobile in a language you know of. And .Net is powerful, just need to unlock more apis for more feature full apps.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Meanwhile in the real world, it will never happen. Reversing android's 80% market share lead will be just as impossible as mac os and Linux have found. Then add to that the glacial pace of advancement and lack of any real, groundbreaking innovation and its hard to envision such a scenario.

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, just got done talking with a friend who works at MSFT and things don't look good for the company supporting their own platform. They're going to where the customers are which probably pisses off a lot of old school softies. It feels like they're supporting the enemy in my eyes.

unshavengarvit

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Windows phone always has had potential.Wp 8.1 might just be what will set the os apart from the competitors.Judging by the leaks, there will be many major changes, and for the better.I wont be too surprised to see increased market shares with wp8.1 just like we did with wp8.So all in all, the future looks pretty impressive considering the fact that the platform is still growing.And faster than ios and android too.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
It's very hard for "Droid-Roids" to be specific. They know they don't like WP but can't really state a valid reason other than it's not open or lack of apps. I'm glad it's not open like Android and as I read today, there are over 245000 apps in the store. I have the ICON and I don't think it will hold them all so I'll just stick with those that work and do what I need day to day.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It's very hard for "Droid-Roids" to be specific. They know they don't like WP but can't really state a valid reason other than it's not open or lack of apps. I'm glad it's not open like Android and as I read today, there are over 245000 apps in the store. I have the ICON and I don't think it will hold them all so I'll just stick with those that work and do what I need day to day.

I could name some WP deficiencies. But to say that you are glad you have a closed off proprietary operating system which is slowing the development of apps for your platform that's fine. If you are fine with the current apps that's fine too. But if you want more developers and more users on your platform of choice then Microsoft is going to have to open it a bit. Even if they just let apps talk to each other it could go a long way to increase developer interest.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Thats a bit general isn't it?

Thats like saying "they should improve it!!"

So, my friend, could you be a bit more specific?

I have noticed very few can be more specific around here and CrackBerry. Its so hard to have intelligent conversations sometimes.

Thomas Ozawa

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Windows phone always has had potential.Wp 8.1 might just be what will set the os apart from the competitors.Judging by the leaks, there will be many major changes, and for the better.I wont be too surprised to see increased market shares with wp8.1 just like we did with wp8.So all in all, the future looks pretty impressive considering the fact that the platform is still growing.And faster than ios and android too.
It's oblivious that WP grow faster than the 2 other platform, because it's progressing very very fast ! But it will never be popular...

unshavengarvit

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
It's oblivious that WP grow faster than the 2 other platform, because it's progressing very very fast ! But it will never be popular...

You can never be too sure.Who'd have thought that android would be dominating the scene when the iPhone was at its prime?Things change over the course of time and WP 8.1 and Cortana are already making sure that Microsoft can catch up.Some of the bugs are nasty though in the current dev preview release and I'm okay with it since it wasn't meant for the normal public.But I'm sure Microsoft will have these issues sorted out by the time WP 8.1 is released.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed very few can be more specific around here and CrackBerry. Its so hard to have intelligent conversations sometimes.

I've read enough of your posts to understand that you are here primarily to defend the honor and integrity of Android. I've got no problem with that, but why do you continually rail on the intelligence of the members of this forum, or the CrackBerry posters for that matter? That's pretty bush league in my opinion. You are no more special than anyone else here.

Thomas Ozawa

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I've read enough of your posts to understand that you are here primarily to defend the honor and integrity of Android. I've got no problem with that, but why do you continually rail on the intelligence of the members of this forum, or the CrackBerry posters for that matter? That's pretty bush league in my opinion. You are no more special than anyone else here.

Yes, I'm with you

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Apps apps apps, the hardware and now wp8.1 is on par and I'd argue better than ios and Android on some parts but it all comes down to app quality and quantity when trying to convert people or win them over to this platform. It's all very well having all the big apps like Facebook, WhatsApp etc but we all know they look nothing like or have as many features as the ios and Android versions. They have improved lately but not nearly enough yet. I love my 1020 but there's stuff I miss from my iPhones and Androids ie Facebook app features, iMessage, SkyGo, Tango video calling, Argos etc etc. Obviously they're only personal to me. I love my 1020 and I'm seriously contemplating getting a 1520 too. Hopefully bigger market share for WP and developers having single code for apps across all windows 8 devices will speed the process up?

Thomas Ozawa

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Apps apps apps, the hardware and now wp8.1 is on par and I'd argue better than ios and Android on some parts but it all comes down to app quality and quantity when trying to convert people or win them over to this platform. It's all very well having all the big apps like Facebook, WhatsApp etc but we all know they look nothing like or have as many features as the ios and Android versions. They have improved lately but not nearly enough yet. I love my 1020 but there's stuff I miss from my iPhones and Androids ie Facebook app features, iMessage, SkyGo, Tango video calling, Argos etc etc. Obviously they're only personal to me. I love my 1020 and I'm seriously contemplating getting a 1520 too. Hopefully bigger market share for WP and developers having single code for apps across all windows 8 devices will speed the process up?
Yes its all about apps... I think that WP apps is bad quality, and there is not all the big good apps ! ( YouTube, soundcloud....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon