Why is Nadella being given all of the credit for Office on iPad?

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't get it.

This has been something that has been in production for years. Shortly before he left, Ballmer made mention to the fact that they were going to try to get the iPad version out first (something he didn't initially want, sure, but it was still happening). It's like people think that Nadella woke up one day, coded Office for iPad that day, and then decided to ship it out.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
He's the current CEO and the one announcing it. That's the way it works.

Except people are acting like this is something Ballmer had no hand in PERIOD. I know that a lot of the time there are people who can't think beyond the current CEO, but I'm talking about supposed tech experts. They should know better.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Well lets thank the entire division that made it and give each and every one of them 20 minutes of screen time and a speech

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Except people are acting like this is something Ballmer had no hand in PERIOD. I know that a lot of the time there are people who can't think beyond the current CEO, but I'm talking about supposed tech experts. They should know better.

Where are you seeing that people are acting like Ballmer had nothing to do with it?

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Also, can't we just celebrate that Microsoft is finally advancing, bringing their services to other devices and finally realizing that the world doesn't solely run on Windows like it used to...there are other options now.

Who cares what people are saying and giving credit to who for what. Microsoft is a team of people that make up the company.......not just one person. So good job to TEAM MICROSOFT today and Office for iPad and the Azure integration services.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Also, can't we just celebrate that Microsoft is finally advancing, bringing their services to other devices and finally realizing that the world doesn't solely run on Windows like it used to...there are other options now.

Who cares what people are saying and giving credit to who for what. Microsoft is a team of people that make up the company.......not just one person. So good job to TEAM MICROSOFT today and Office for iPad and the Azure integration services.

I am glad they're advancing, I just get frustrated when people try to act as though Ballmer did nothing good for Microsoft. Satya hasn't actually done anything and people are acting like he's the second coming. It just gets frustrating.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I am glad they're advancing, I just get frustrated when people try to act as though Ballmer did nothing good for Microsoft. Satya hasn't actually done anything and people are acting like he's the second coming. It just gets frustrating.

If you constantly read about the opinions of journalists you will drive yourself off the grand canyon. Their job is to get people to click their articles and talk about them all over......they've succeeded with you.

Forc3

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Good news for some bad news for others: Office Mobile was updated for Android and iPhone. Biggest change you wont need Office 365 to use it anymore even better/worse: you wont need Office 365 to even edit Documents. Basically its completely free right now.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Good news for some bad news for others: Office Mobile was updated for Android and iPhone. Biggest change you wont need Office 365 to use it anymore even better/worse: you wont need Office 365 to even edit Documents. Basically its completely free right now.

I'm not sure what app you're using but creating/editing documents is definitely not working for me on my work iPad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077