Why is Nadella being given all of the credit for Office on iPad?

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes. And why would you think the person in charge of Azure and Cloud would have more to do with Office than the CEO of the company? Office is under Applications and Services. Cloud and Azure are in a separate group.

You just killed your point you were trying to make. Ballmer isn't going to get credit for Office for iPad...he is not the CEO.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
The question should be why should Ballmer get much of the credit anyway if he was against it to begin with?

Because, as CEO, he had a lot to do with the wider direction of the company.

He was the head of Microsoft's cloud division. It powers Office 365 and several other Microsoft products. He probably had to work closely with the Office team to make sure everything worked smoothly.

Yes, he did work with them. The question is why you'd think Nadellla would have more to do with it than Ballmer. And that's a question you haven't answered.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, he did work with them. The question is why you'd think Nadellla would have more to do with it than Ballmer. And that's a question you haven't answered.

No, I just answered it. If you disagree then perhaps you should provide sufficient evidence of what Ballmer did to help grow the Cloud and Enterprise division. Last I checked it was Satya that's credited for growing the Cloud and Enterprise division from 16 billion to 20 billion. It's his division that allows Office 365 and Microsoft's numerous cloud efforts to flourish. If you have evidence to the contrary then please post it.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
OK, I was wrong. The real question is: WHO REALLY GIVES A FLYING BURRITO?

Is Steve Ballmer your fishing buddy or something? Why do you really care?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Just like Elop got most of the blame for the mistakes that were done over a span of 5 years before he even joined Nokia.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
You're starting to beat a dead horse in this thread dude. Who cares....Office for iPad is out, like Satya said....TEAM MICROSOFT.

If you don't care, please stop posting to this thread.

No, I just answered it. If you disagree then perhaps you should provide sufficient evidence of what Ballmer did to help grow the Cloud and Enterprise division. Last I checked it was Satya that's credited for growing the Cloud and Enterprise division from 16 billion to 20 billion. It's his division that allows Office 365 and Microsoft's numerous cloud efforts to flourish. If you have evidence to the contrary then please post it.

I am arguing that Office for iPad has to do with more then the cloud. It could have had the best cloud integration ever, but that isn't the reason why it took so long to make. They've been trying to make touch office work on a UI basis.

OK, I was wrong. The real question is: WHO REALLY GIVES A FLYING BURRITO?

Is Steve Ballmer your fishing buddy or something? Why do you really care?

Oh yeah, we go fishing every Thursday these days. Either that, or I have an opinion on something. One of the two.

Just like Elop got most of the blame for the mistakes that were done over a span of 5 years before he even joined Nokia.

And that was equally stupid.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Why does it matter who gets credit? The only thing that concerns shareholders is making a return on their investments. Offering Office for iPad is a great plan to make money, since it will encourage more Office 365 subscriptions. This is a win for shareholders, no matter whose idea it happened to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6