Nokias naming convention

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you like the naming convention of Lumias? Names like Lumia 925, 1520, 1320, and so on? Personally I think the names sound cool, but it can be hard to keep up with. As a WP user I am familiar with which device is which, but it is probably confusing for anyone who isn't. If I didn't know anything other than the fact that Nokia Lumias are Windows Phones, I would assume that the higher the number, the better the device. Which is kind of true, but a higher number can also mean a different type of device, like a phablet or a tablet. While I don't love everything about Samsung, I think Galaxy and Galaxy Tab make it pretty clear that one is a tablet, and one is either a phone or a tablet.

Do you think Microsoft will continue this trend or just try to go with a similar naming convention to the iPhone or Samsung devices? Do you think we will be saying "dude , I cant wait to get the new Lumia 169209 tomorrow!" one day?

Vistary

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Nokia has been doing this for hundreds of years.. I think sometimes the number doesn't really make sense unless you are a Nokia fan. Maybe making the number to be short and adding a letter somewhere will make more sense to people. Like Lumia T25.. T means tablet...

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Nokia has been doing this for hundreds of year.. I think sometimes the number doesn't really make sense unless you are a Nokia fan. Maybe making the number to be short and adding a letter somewhere will make more sense to people. Like Lumia T25.. T means tablet...

I actually think that is a fantastic idea. Lumia T25 still sounds unique (kind of sounds like an early Terminator model), but it makes sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12