If you've installed the Spring Update already for Windows 8.1, then you might want to update your Xbox Music app. Under Settings > Preferences > Choose where we look for music on this PC there is a folder added to collection with the directory C:\Users\<username>\SkyDrive\Music. I did not see this before and I definitely did not create a folder with my OneDrive account, it seems redundant given that with a Music Pass I already have access to the whole Xbox Music library. Could Microsoft be onto something like an iTunes Match service?

untitled-1.jpg

Please note that the path name stays as SkyDrive, it seems that Update 1 just renamed the folder to OneDrive but still accessible either way. Also I do not have the Music folder in my OneDrive account. It could be possible to create that Music folder in OneDrive's root path and upload a DRM-free MP3 file (or WMA) and see if it works, but I have yet to try it.
    03-29-2014 08:57 PM
    Didn't the last update include "Cloud Collection" where they would match whatever music was in your Xbox music collection so you could play it on any device you signed into (provided they have a match for it in their library)? That could have something to do with it I suppose.
    03-29-2014 09:41 PM
    Yes, Xbox Music already does matching, but I think what I meant was like Google Music, where the music file is uploaded and can be available to other devices as well.
    03-29-2014 11:19 PM
    Yeah i prefer the Digital Locker approach of Google Music, but i think Microsoft would rather push people to the Xbox Music way of doing things..sadly.
    03-30-2014 01:32 AM