After watching the Keynote I can understand how people are excited about Cortana, the return of the Start Menu (yawn) and some other features. But the real game changer here for Microsoft is the Universal Windows App. For developers to "write once for all form factors" and consumers to "buy once for all form factors" is the game changer. Faster app deployment for developers, lower overhead, and such are a huge boon to developers.

But the real winners are we the consumer, it used to cost huge amounts to buy an app across all our platforms and they never talked to each other really. Now we can buy the app once at a price point that I think will be higher than we are used to on the phone but cheaper than Windows 8.1 . Then we can play the same save, use the same items, an almost seamless experience.

The future is bright my friends.
    04-03-2014 08:53 AM
    Microsoft is back in action
    blackprince likes this.
    04-03-2014 10:02 AM
    It's great what they're doing on the back end. When apple has a keynote, they spend most of the time showing and telling how many percent the new iPhone is thinner than the last one, while M$ focuses on proper issues. Great keynote, I was pleasantly surprised, it really exceeded my expectations.
    04-03-2014 10:49 AM