07-05-2014 01:26 PM
91 1234
tools
    Most of the apps that I use its on Windows Phone 8 now. I guess a small app gap still exist, but I think they will close it soon.
    Even a popular Swedish game (Quizkampen) app is there now:
    Quizkampen | Sveriges strsta frgesport

For around 6 months ago it was a different story.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-05-2014 12:34 PM
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I use it for work. Nothing screams lazy and unprofessional like sending a document in jpg format.
    That makes sense, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    04-05-2014 01:31 PM
    The lack of Google apps will always remain the sticking point for millions of people to not switch to Windows Phone.
    Kashan Osama, A895 and BIGPADDY like this.
    04-05-2014 01:48 PM
    That makes sense, thanks.

Wow! Didn't see that one coming. Much appreciated.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    04-05-2014 03:43 PM
    Huge Microsoft fan here, but I am now just sick and tired of the fact many apps don't come for Windows Phone. I see this many software where you can buy a product and use it on your phone, the company only made the phones for Apple and Droid, nothing for Windows. Just like the ever so popular app "Tinder" is no where to be found for the WP. I am starting to really hate the fact that I might have to go back to using a Droid because WP is always taking a back seat to the top apps
    04-05-2014 04:33 PM
    Wow! Didn't see that one coming. Much appreciated.
    Why didn't you see that coming?

04-05-2014 04:41 PM
    And they'll also complain that a million apps isn't enough because Android has three million.
    Nobody gives two sh*t about how many millions of apps WP has. Its about the top big quality apps which everyone uses and need.

USAA app on WP is about worthless compared to its counterpart for IOS and Android. I had to delete it right away after downloading it.
    TD Bank doesn't even have an app for their banking system on WP or cares to make one even as they dont see WP worthy.
    Tinder app, a great app for us in the younger generation, but us WP users can't get to use it because Tinder won't make one and that Rudy guy just said he hasnt even started one because Tinder wont allow him.
    Sony wont even make a remote app for their top of the line Bravia 3D HDTVS. But seemingly both IOS and Droids have the app for it.

I went to go buy one of those flying helicopter toys for my little cousin, immediately saw that you need a cell phone to operate it as a controller and you have to download their app to your phone. Yep and there was no app for WP but they had one for IOS and Droid.

Viper the car alarm company makes remote starter. Saw that they actually had their app on WP for remote starting your car through your phone. Like always it hasn't been updated in a year. So anyone who uses that app on their phone, has a problem getting their car to start from their phone since the app is about worthless and Viper doesn't care one bit about updating it on WP.

Things like these are getting very irritating and it seems like MS hasn't done anything to fix their App situation. Its starting to seem that convenience over Microsoft loyalty might decide my next phone coming up soon.
    04-05-2014 04:49 PM
    I've always felt that there is a negative aspect of having a huge app store; namely, the time cost of app management. I find that even with the WP Store, I spend a ridiculous amount of time looking at, downloading, and testing, apps. On iOS and Android, it's probably only worse. (Sorry, I can't give a personal comparative perspective on all three stores). For people focused on work, and not mobile entertainment, it seems they use less apps, not more. Mark Cuban said recently he has thirteen apps on his mobile phone and I think there is a good reason for that.
    04-05-2014 05:02 PM
    While I will agree that the app selection on Windows Phone is very good, there's still a small app gap. However, I wouldn't say it's large enough to steer someone away from a Windows Phone device, it's also important to recognize the app gap for what it is. BTW, there's not much I hate more than when someone says "just use the browser" as an excuse ;)
    You know I'm with you here LOL.

But yes, the app gap exists for me. I do feel MSFT is making gains, but for my purposes, WP8 is not as effective as a daily driver because of a few specific apps.
    04-05-2014 06:07 PM
    I've always felt that there is a negative aspect of having a huge app store; namely, the time cost of app management. I find that even with the WP Store, I spend a ridiculous amount of time looking at, downloading, and testing, apps. On iOS and Android, it's probably only worse. (Sorry, I can't give a personal comparative perspective on all three stores). For people focused on work, and not mobile entertainment, it seems they use less apps, not more. Mark Cuban said recently he has thirteen apps on his mobile phone and I think there is a good reason for that.
    I review apps for a living, and even I don't spend that much time looking for apps for my personal portfolio. In fact, I still use apps from my days on Palm. I find tried and true ones that work.

With regards o the Mark Cuban quote, yep, I can see that. if I haven't used an app in a week, I get rid of it.
    04-05-2014 06:13 PM
    Why didn't you see that coming?

Not everyone on here can humble themselves and admit a comment could have had a different meaning than what they comprehended.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums
    Zippier likes this.
    04-05-2014 09:25 PM
    Has anyone left droid or iOS just to play Songarc? Man I just love this game.
    04-05-2014 09:48 PM
    Things like these are getting very irritating and it seems like MS hasn't done anything to fix their App situation.
    This false statement really diminishes your remaining comments.
    04-05-2014 09:49 PM
    The one app I really miss is kind of specialized, so I'm not surprised it's not available yet.

Otherwise I'm quite satisfied with the overall app selection, no other complaints.
    Last edited by psychotron; 04-07-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    04-05-2014 09:53 PM
    Not everyone on here can humble themselves and admit a comment could have had a different meaning than what they comprehended.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums
    Nah. I had a legit question

04-05-2014 09:55 PM
    Mixing Android and Windows Phone ... no please NO!!!! ... I know we lack banking apps and local apps BUT you know... it'd be a disaster to not have the METRO design on apps and feel like it's Android on WPhone? eeewww...
    04-07-2014 10:55 AM
    The lack of Google apps will always remain the sticking point for millions of people to not switch to Windows Phone.
    Why is Google not offering their services on Windows Phone?
    04-07-2014 10:59 AM
    Scroogled
    Kram Sacul likes this.
    04-07-2014 11:35 AM
    In that aspect only I dislike Google.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    04-07-2014 11:49 AM
    ROI.

Google doesn't have feelings. It has pockets. If Google kept grudges, Apple wouldn't have Gapps.
    04-07-2014 02:45 PM
    ROI.

Google doesn't have feelings. It has pockets. If Google kept grudges, Apple wouldn't have Gapps.
    I think the biggest reason was microsofts Scroogled ads. Only one that got Scroogled in that was Microsoft. They even promoted the yuts who came up with that campaign *smh*
    04-07-2014 04:44 PM
    The other issue is feature parity. It sucks having the app, but lacking features standard on other platforms.

Personally, the only app I wish for is an app for my bank. The mobile site was fine til it was modified in some manner that made using a Windows Phone impossible to use the site.
    Trust me, mobile bank apps suck (on all platforms. Most of the ones I've used on iOS and android haven't been updated in over a year).
    04-07-2014 04:50 PM
    I think the biggest reason was microsofts Scroogled ads. Only one that got Scroogled in that was Microsoft. They even promoted the yuts who came up with that campaign *smh*
    Nah. Apple has done more to undermine Google and its plans in recent times. I truly believe Google couldn't care less about Scroogle. If WP is a potential money maker, it will develop for it.

To be fair, I do believe Google will throw its weight around now and then, but when it comes down to it, it wants eyeballs, and as soon as WP gives them a high count source, things will change.
    04-08-2014 12:10 AM
    Nah. Apple has done more to undermine Google and its plans in recent times. I truly believe Google couldn't care less about Scroogle. If WP is a potential money maker, it will develop for it.

To be fair, I do believe Google will throw its weight around now and then, but when it comes down to it, it wants eyeballs, and as soon as WP gives them a high count source, things will change.
    Very true. I think market share is a big part. Hopefully it happens soon.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    04-08-2014 12:27 AM
    Trust me, mobile bank apps suck (on all platforms. Most of the ones I've used on iOS and android haven't been updated in over a year).
    Well, I never said I haven't used any. They were fine apps when I had an iPhone and Android. At least fine enough for what I needed to do (check my account balances and make transfers). Now, I can't even login due to the bank doing something to their mobile site making it impossible to use on a Windows Phone
    04-08-2014 08:43 AM
91 1234