12 million people are using Office for iPad

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded it on mine, Signed up for a 365 trial as well for a month. There very nice looking apps. are those 12 millions users paid users though? Or is that too hard to find out?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded it on mine, Signed up for a 365 trial as well for a month. There very nice looking apps. are those 12 millions users paid users though? Or is that too hard to find out?

MS didn't mention how many had a subscription to use the full feature for office.

I would think half or more would be people using it for free.

Greg Dillon

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I just installed the iPad components for Office. They were free from the App Store. The apps may be charged for once they become more popular, so download while you can

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
MS didn't mention how many had a subscription to use the full feature for office.

I would think half or more would be people using it for free.

That's still good though, right? Obviously MS wants paying customers more, no? I'd be super curious later on the know what number of people purchase a subscription through the app.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
If I recall correctly, only the viewing part is free. You need the subscription for editing capability. Still, downloads are downloads. Last time I tried using Apple's productivity suite, I had to give up. I'm sure there are quite a few Office 365 users.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I just installed the iPad components for Office. They were free from the App Store. The apps may be charged for once they become more popular, so download while you can

The only thing they can do is offer a paid version that offers full function without a subscription. They can't charge for what these apps do at the moment for free, they would get ripped a new one.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
That's still good though, right? Obviously MS wants paying customers more, no? I'd be super curious later on the know what number of people purchase a subscription through the app.

It would be great and even those that downloaded for free may purchase a office 365 subscription later on which all goes in MS favour.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
It would be great and even those that downloaded for free may purchase a office 365 subscription later on which all goes in MS favour.

True. I'm again interested in the turnover this will have. Since MS took as long as they did, users may have moved onto to other things like Google docs.

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
How do you hack a subscription based service?

I honestly don't know.
How did people hack Adobe Creative Cloud? It's an arbitrary restriction, all the app code is on the device anyway.

And before anyone asks I have Office 365 and use the apps legally.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I do have to say that having real Office on my Surface RT was one of the best things to make iPad people jaelous at the university.

But on the bright side, maybe now I don't have to struggle with their stupid file formats that only Apple devices use. With a few Apple-hipsters per 12 person study group, it was always a pain in the *** to open the files of those Apple people. As long as formatting wasn't necessary to have it was bearable, though..

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I do have to say that having real Office on my Surface RT was one of the best things to make iPad people jaelous at the university.

But on the bright side, maybe now I don't have to struggle with their stupid file formats that only Apple devices use. With a few Apple-hipsters per 12 person study group, it was always a pain in the *** to open the files of those Apple people. As long as formatting wasn't necessary to have it was bearable, though..
Should've told them to save to .docx.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Should've told them to save to .docx.

Probably, I don't know what they are using but the thing is that they are typically quite technology illiterate people (not iPad users in general, but the people who use this weird file formats). But at the same time I don't really have enough experience with iOS devices or the software they might be using to know whether it's possible to save to .docx, I suppose it is at least in some software, but it's still too late at that point typically :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro