Why did you decide to buy a windows phone?

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
To me I found Android always seems laggy even in devices like the S3, iOS seemed a little too boring for my liking, I think one of the things for me was the live tiles. Also I think its cause I have a Microsoft ecosystem here.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
  1. Easy synchronization of agenda, addresses and mail with my Windows 8 desktop and laptop
  2. Price (My Ativ S was half the price of a Galaxy 4)
  3. Adventure: WP8 is the underdog that has to improve, while IOS and Android are established and dull

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
All my previous phones were Android. WP7 got me interested 'cuz the live tiles.
Our first phones were HTC HD7. Then after that I upgraded to Nokia 920. Upgraded my mom Android to Nokia 620. Just recently upgraded my wife old HD7 to Nokia 925. We are all happy with Windows Phone. It is nice and so easy to use ... and yeah.. no more lagging ...

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
The reason why I decided to get windows phone is because I had an iPhone and that got slow after a year of owning it and so did the android phone I had. I had a 928 and it didn't show any signs of slowing after a while of owning it so I got the icon because I already knew most of my way around and missed the UI.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
In my case, I don't like iPhones and I'd long since fallen out with Androids by the time I picked up my Lumia 620.

It was the only one in my price range at the time (I don't think the 520 had been released at that time). Replacing it with a 1520 in October.

Last edited by a moderator:

CowardlyLions

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: So what made you pick a windows phone in the first place?

I was going to get an s4, but the Sprint store was sold out. I honestly just wanted to get rid of my iPhone, so I grabbed an HTC 8xt and found myself loving the OS.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

I wanted to go away from Android because it was driving me crazy...

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

Every smartphone that I've owned has been Windows-based, starting with Windows Mobile 5. By WM6.5, I was so over the OS that I was ready to go Android. I hadn't even really heard about WP7, but then we an HTC HD7 at worked (I worked for RadioShack at the time). I powered it up and IMMEDIATELY fell in love! I haven't looked back since, and I really have no desire to move to any other OS.

Nestor Mier

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

I used to have a Zune HD. At the time I was still in high school (2011) and I always wished there was a smartphone with a similar OS. Then I found out about WP7 and made it my first smartphone. I feel in love. Then I obviously moved to WP8, and now 8.1 😊
Not planning on iPhone or Android lol

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

I remember when the iPhone came out, I wanted one but funds were never available, android the earlier versions of the OS are just as bad as it is now. The first Windows phone I had was WM6.1 it was the O2 XDA Zest, after that was the XDA Orbit, on the HTC HD7 and finally onto 8X.

masaga91

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

I had an iPhone 3gs, and i hated Ios, hated it, then I saw wp7, they announced it and I was caught, the live tiles, everything, I wanted one so bad, so I bought my Samsung focus, and has been all windows phone (Focus, Focus S, Titan, Lumia 920, Lumia Icon) ever since I discover the platform, except for like four months at the beginning of the year that I got an LG g2

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I had several Sony Ericsson phones, in the pre-smartphone years. They were great, and more reliable than the Nokia 8210 that I had (4 or 5 new screens). Eventually jumped for a smartphone and did some research, ended up with a HTC Desire. At the time I was very impressed. 18 months in and I was in the mood to begin some more research. Apple was a no no, just felt like a product that everyone wants because it was cool. For me, it felt too forced to be cool. And I hated the way that iPhone users topped using the word phone, and instead replaced it with iPhone. It smacked of brainwashing. They still do it now, even though so many people have a smart phones, the term smartphone is almost redundant, and phone is a suitable word for it. Anyway, I felt HTC were a little sketchy on update cycles, and I didn't want a Samsung Galaxy. So many friends had a Galaxy and I heard some horror stories, together with my dislike of their designs. The iPhones were not my thing, and all the people that had one seems to suffer from a cracked screen, so that was yet another reason to avoid them. While carrying out some research I thought I would see what else was available. Blackberry had keys I could never hope to use, and I had also grown tired of people using the term Blackberry instead of phone, just like the Apple types. Tiring of Android left me with one option, Windows Phone. I also liked what I was hearing about some Nokia phones. Then momentum built on rumours about some fancy imaging phone, and my hunt was over. The 920 became my first, but it won't be my last.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

My 822 is my first smartphone. My girlfriend loved her Windows 7 phone, and when her upgrade time came, we went to get her an 8X. While there, I saw the 822 was the free phone with contract at the time, so she just added me onto her plan. Upgrade time is coming again in January, and I can't wait to see what's coming out in the near future so I can begin drooling...

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

well I've always been a Microsoft boy and never really had a use for a phone but my zuneHD got stolen and at the time the lg quantum was cheaper than getting a new zuneHD plus zune was on windows phone so it was like why not plus i didn't really like apple stuff and android was pretty disgusting to use to me at the time fast forward to a Lumia 800 then 900 and now a 920 and i'm pretty content

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

My first WP was a Samsung focus, then a Samsung focus s (when the screen broke on the first), Then the 920 I own now. With wp7 I enjoyed the os but was not dedicated yet. Before I got the 920 I was going back and forth between it and the Samsung s3. I hated the fact that the Samsung felt like a cheap toy holding it and the 920 did feel solid. The "logical part of me was making me consider the Samsung as I was heavily invested I google online services at the time. The 920 definetly hit my geek factor and was an exciting phone. A friend of mine sent me a YouTube review of some crazy ******* taking a large kitchen knife to the 920. First he slashed it, then started stabbing it, and to end the review literally hammered a nail into a piece of wood using the screen. It had some minor scratches buy survived it. After watching this the decision was made. I was sick of brittle phones, this was the pho e for me. Almost two years in running wp8.1 Dec. Preview now I am completely sold and would have no interest in android at all. Sure i would like the music app to catch up in functionality but that will come with time.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site

I wanted to go away from Android because it was driving me crazy...

Like this post, I had some bad experience with android. I had 3 android devices, out of those 3 devices it did not feel as though I got my moneys worth out of them. My primary phone is an iPhone but my secondary phone is a 521, I believe I got more of my moneys worth with the Lumia 521, it is also another phone I can depend on. I am more than happy with the 521 than most phones I bought.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

My WP story starts with the HTC Mozart at the launch of WP7. It was what I would consider my first 'smart phone' after various excellent Sony Ericsson cam/feature phones. Frankly, I was a newbie to the market but something drew me to the simplistic metro look- a type and design aesthetic I've always admired beyond technology. I love my iPod classic but WP just looked so much more elegant-and still is imo. Like many of us, its been a tough ride with many ridiculing or simply not understanding the choice to be different. Such is life! WP7 was by today's standards, more limited than most but I just loved it and now own a 920. My next will be whatever Lumia flagship comes our way no doubt in my mind. WP also opened my eyes to what MS was bringing to the tech world at the time and I've since gone all in on their products-typing this on a Surface 2 as it happens. Whatever they did with WP7, it still resonates with me and I will continue to support it going forward. I haven't owned any IPhone or Android device but they still leave me cold in mid 2014. Long live WP!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6