Windows phone market share

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Even though the wp8 offers superior experience compared to low end android why wp8 has not invaded android.what u guys think about it.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It has to do with open source idea behind Android and all the ways you can circumvent the OS to do what you want. With WP you don't have that ability.

Also a file manager seems to be very important to some people, regardless of it's necessity. So with WP lacking one of them that's another reason.

Lastly, the app situation is still way behind in terms of local apps and main stream apps.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
It has to do with open source idea behind Android and all the ways you can circumvent the OS to do what you want. With WP you don't have that ability.

Also a file manager seems to be very important to some people, regardless of it's necessity. So with WP lacking one of them that's another reason.

Lastly, the app situation is still way behind in terms of local apps and main stream apps.

the killer for me is apps. I'm still testing out WP, but that might be the one thing that prevents me from using this device (920) as my daily. Might go back to my iPhone for that. I night still buy the 820 off my friend to still have so I can keep up with the platform though.

again, haven't decided.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Even though the wp8 offers superior experience compared to low end android why wp8 has not invaded android.what u guys think about it.

Because a low-end WP is superior to a similar Droid in user experience only, not in functionality. With a phone like the Moto G, it can basically be a full-fledged computer to some extent - this is important in places where it may be the only device a user has. An Android can torrent, upload/download videos and music, unlimited Bluetooth send/receive capability, pretty much anything you want. But it'll be slow and laggy. A WP is smooth and fluid, but cannot do some things an Android can do.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
But average Customer use phone for basic stuffs which wp8 offers I believe.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
At low end side I want lumia to be winner because of smoothness so that we get sizeable market share to attract flagship buyers we want a device like moto g

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Because a low-end WP is superior to a similar Droid in user experience only, not in functionality. With a phone like the Moto G, it can basically be a full-fledged computer to some extent - this is important in places where it may be the only device a user has. An Android can torrent, upload/download videos and music, unlimited Bluetooth send/receive capability, pretty much anything you want. But it'll be slow and laggy. A WP is smooth and fluid, but cannot do some things an Android can do.

there is WpTorrent app, that allows you to download music and videos, and than transfer those files to music/video hub... check for it in store...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb