I was VERY disappointed that there were basically no new devices announced at Build. They announced an awesome addition to the OS, and no new devices, especially here in the USA. Yes, some of the world will get the 930, but that's just an Icon in different clothing.

So, I am now hoping that we'll see some new hardware when the Nokia Acquisition goes through, hopefully later this month. What do you think, are they waiting so they can brand them as Microsoft phones ?

My wife (Lumia 920) and myself (Lumia 925) are both due for reduced upgrades with AT&T, and I have family members eagerly awaiting our hand-me-down devices.

What's a fella to do ?

​Mark
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-08-2014 03:26 PM
    There were 3 important 8.1 devices and 2 cookie cutter devices from low end oems (also very important). This is more than enough at a conference that's about MS and windows in its entirety. It wasn't the windows phone show, it was build.

We were never going to see a wp8.1 HTC ONE, or a Sony experia wp. So instead you got a taste of what is important to ms and wp as a whole. And that is the software, the oems and the Nokia handsets.

Sure a 1030, 1530 or HTC ONE wp would have been nice, but at the end of the day its a MS developer show, not a wp show.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-08-2014 03:38 PM
    I was VERY disappointed that there were basically no new devices announced at Build. They announced an awesome addition to the OS, and no new devices, especially here in the USA. Yes, some of the world will get the 930, but that's just an Icon in different clothing.

So, I am now hoping that we'll see some new hardware when the Nokia Acquisition goes through, hopefully later this month. What do you think, are they waiting so they can brand them as Microsoft phones ?

My wife (Lumia 920) and myself (Lumia 925) are both due for reduced upgrades with AT&T, and I have family members eagerly awaiting our hand-me-down devices.

What's a fella to do ?

​Mark
    My wife has a Yellow NL920 & I have the Grey NL925. I too can't wait to see new WP 8.1 hardware; my wife on the other hand says she won't part with her yellow NL920. :)
    04-08-2014 03:44 PM
    Rumours are you will need to wait til closer to June to see new devices. Sony is rumoured to bring out a WP device, and HTC is going to bring out an 8.1 device, Samsung will roll out a mid and higher tiered device as well as devices from the newly announced manufacturers this year. Don't count Huawei out either.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-08-2014 03:46 PM
    OK, no new high devices for the US Market. A boy can hope, can't he ??
    04-08-2014 04:04 PM
    There is nothing in WP8.1 to really necessitate new hardware, except on the low end (i.e. relaxed hardware requirements).
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-08-2014 05:45 PM
    I think the build conference news about "upcoming" features moved rumors from a likely or indefinite schedule into cast in stone.
    When many of us watched the top dogs speaking about stuff we may have thought it was here and now.

Things will probably move along quicker than we think.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-08-2014 06:10 PM
    No manufacturer wants to get their product buried by an avalanche of information at a big conference like Build. These companies want to hold events that showcase their products. There are rumors of many new phones coming out soon, including more to come from Nokia, as well as HTC, Samsung and even Sony. Of course, it's impossible to know for sure, but if you're looking for something brand new and exciting, I'd wait until WinPhone 8.1 has been released to the public.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-09-2014 07:53 PM
    No manufacturer wants to get their product buried by an avalanche of information at a big conference like Build. These companies want to hold events that showcase their products. There are rumors of many new phones coming out soon, including more to come from Nokia, as well as HTC, Samsung and even Sony. Of course, it's impossible to know for sure, but if you're looking for something brand new and exciting, I'd wait until WinPhone 8.1 has been released to the public.
    Good thoughts there.
    Somewhat evident in this day and age.
    We have become the "can't wait" society.
    jmshub likes this.
    04-09-2014 09:18 PM