does WP just have trouble with certain videos on websites?

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
So, I'm trying to play videos from one of my favorite sites, giantbomb.com, and there just simply nit loading. When I switched to desktop mode, its says I need a browser with html 5. But doesn't IE in WP 8 already support that? Really, its little things like this that frustrate me about windows phone.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
So, I'm trying to play videos from one of my favorite sites, giantbomb.com, and there just simply nit loading. When I switched to desktop mode, its says I need a browser with html 5. But doesn't IE in WP 8 already support that? Really, its little things like this that frustrate me about windows phone.

No, it doesn't. See Internet Explorer 10 brings HTML5 to Windows Phone 8 in a big way and search for

"There are some minor differences between Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10 for Windows Phone that you need to be aware of. Internet Explorer 10 for Windows Phone does not support the following:

Inline video"

This means that WP is not capable of playing embedded HTML5 video (which coincidentally is the reason why MS cannot make a third party HTML5-based YouTube app).

Sorry - checked and found that other sites with HTML5 embeds do work. It may be something with the way GiantBomb's site is coded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6