So, I'm trying to play videos from one of my favorite sites, giantbomb.com, and there just simply nit loading. When I switched to desktop mode, its says I need a browser with html 5. But doesn't IE in WP 8 already support that? Really, its little things like this that frustrate me about windows phone.
    04-11-2014 03:57 AM
    Probably the website needs flash player which windows phone , ios does not have. Flash player sux.
    04-11-2014 04:07 AM
    Probably the website needs flash player which windows phone , ios does not have. Flash player sux.
    the videos play just fine on IOS. It days it either needs flash or html 5 to play the video. I'm mobile site mode it doesn't state this, it just doesn't load the video.
    04-11-2014 04:17 AM
    the videos play just fine on IOS. It days it either needs flash or html 5 to play the video. I'm mobile site mode it doesn't state this, it just doesn't load the video.
    Is the app no good?

Giant Bomb | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)
    04-11-2014 04:28 AM
    So, I'm trying to play videos from one of my favorite sites, giantbomb.com, and there just simply nit loading. When I switched to desktop mode, its says I need a browser with html 5. But doesn't IE in WP 8 already support that? Really, its little things like this that frustrate me about windows phone.

No, it doesn't. See Internet Explorer 10 brings HTML5 to Windows Phone 8 in a big way and search for

"There are some minor differences between Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10 for Windows Phone that you need to be aware of. Internet Explorer 10 for Windows Phone does not support the following:

Inline video"

This means that WP is not capable of playing embedded HTML5 video (which coincidentally is the reason why MS cannot make a third party HTML5-based YouTube app).

Sorry - checked and found that other sites with HTML5 embeds do work. It may be something with the way GiantBomb's site is coded.
    04-11-2014 05:13 AM