Help Me Move To Windows Phone

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Personally I would always choose Nokia for the exclusive apps and software updates like the upcoming Cyan update. Samsung and HTC seem to abandon their devices shortly after release. And even with the Microsoft purchase, I still suspect that the Nokia/Microsoft devices will receive the best and most reliable support.

Well it is settled then. I`m going for the Lumia 822. Thanks!

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Stay with android, you love it too much.

Hey man ve human dont bash others everybody have the right to say what he wants to say.asking him to stay with android is very bad attitude as fellow wp member guide him dont tease him.:beer::beer::D

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
To get back on topic. I decided to go for the Lumia Icon. I'm saving for it now and I'll have it by the fall.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
To get back on topic. I decided to go for the Lumia Icon. I'm saving for it now and I'll have it by the fall.

All jokes aside, maybe the 928 would be a good choice. Its better than the 822 and cheaper than the icon, but not as high spec.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
All jokes aside, maybe the 928 would be a good choice. Its better than the 822 and cheaper than the icon, but not as high spec.

In reality the 928 only has better resolution than the 822. The specs are the same, so I might as well get the best that is available so I know I am future proof for a while.

Novron

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I have both Icon and the SE. If a camera isn't all that important I would recommend the SE.

Currently using my SE with the preview 8.1. Yes, you can get Here Maps and download the maps for offline use. Most all of the Nokia apps are camera related. I really don't miss any of them. Samsung has some of their own apps as well. Their App Folder is actually better than Nokia's.

The Icon is a good phone, the main drawbacks to me were limited storage, not very comfortable to hold, and it's very heavy.

The SE is very light. Fits in the hand very nicely, and it can take a 128 SD card. Another $10 and you can get wireless charging too. As far as support goes, the only Samsungs I'm aware of having that problem are the WP 7's and that's a dead end anyway. Haven't heard of that problem with the ATIV series. Might be some carriers out there not updating theirs but Verizon has been on the ball. The SE will be supported.

If I were you I wouldn't be shopping phones right now, just price brackets. More phones will be released between now and fall which may catch your eye.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
In reality the 928 only has better resolution than the 822. The specs are the same, so I might as well get the best that is available so I know I am future proof for a while.

Thanks for telling me that, I honestly thought the 822 had much lower specs than the 928.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I have both Icon and the SE. If a camera isn't all that important I would recommend the SE.

Currently using my SE with the preview 8.1. Yes, you can get Here Maps and download the maps for offline use. Most all of the Nokia apps are camera related. I really don't miss any of them. Samsung has some of their own apps as well. Their App Folder is actually better than Nokia's.

The Icon is a good phone, the main drawbacks to me were limited storage, not very comfortable to hold, and it's very heavy.

The SE is very light. Fits in the hand very nicely, and it can take a 128 SD card. Another $10 and you can get wireless charging too. As far as support goes, the only Samsungs I'm aware of having that problem are the WP 7's and that's a dead end anyway. Haven't heard of that problem with the ATIV series. Might be some carriers out there not updating theirs but Verizon has been on the ball. The SE will be supported.

If I were you I wouldn't be shopping phones right now, just price brackets. More phones will be released between now and fall which may catch your eye.

I doubt few if any come to Verizon seeing two out of 3 high end WP available are on Verizon already. We are least likely see another one on Verizon but for now the ATIV SE and the Lumia Icon are the best available outside of the 1520.

Novron

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I think you were waiting til fall if I read correctly. HTC hasn't updated their Verizon offering in quite awhile. I'd say the chances were good we'll see a One M8 or similar with WP. If that happens, I may very well end up buying a third phone this year.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I think you were waiting til fall if I read correctly. HTC hasn't updated their Verizon offering in quite awhile. I'd say the chances were good we'll see a One M8 or similar with WP. If that happens, I may very well end up buying a third phone this year.

We don't even know HTC is making anymore WP. They haven't since 2012. HTC is focused on Android right now.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
We don't even know HTC is making anymore WP. They haven't since 2012. HTC is focused on Android right now.

I know that if they do, I won't take a second look at one. The 8x I had was just terrible on build quality.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
The 8X is a cool phone. The only issues I know of are the rubber wearing off the corners and having trouble sending texts. The size and sexiness and sound are awesome. Not much support from HTC.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
How so? I never heard anything bad about the 8X, I am genuinely curious.

Terrible call quality, bad battery life (slow to charge too), corners rubbing off....this was my experience with one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb