Car stereo compatible with windows phone 8

jevans911

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone recommend an aftermarket car stereo that can stream music via Bluetooth from a Nokia Lumia running WP 8.1? One that can show artist names or album art would be a plus...

jodybiz

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Sony MEX-BT3950U. Works great with music streaming. It can show song title, artist name, and album name. I can skip or replay songs from the head unit. Works great with Cortana too! :)

jevans911

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Yafster

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I just bought Sony MEXN5000BT today and I'll let you know how it turns out. I got mine from Best Buy ( Sony CD BuiltIn Bluetooth Apple iPod and Satellite RadioReady InDash Receiver MEXN5000BT - Best Buy ). Here is a link to Amazon though. ( Amazon.com : Sony MEXN5000BT CD Car Stereo Receiver with Bluetooth, NFC Pairing & App Remote SmartPhone Control : Car Electronics ) I have a Nokia Lumia 925 with Windows Phone 8.1

Hello, So how did the Sony MEXN5000BT work out I also have a Lumia 925 and am thinking about getting this radio as well.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone recommend an aftermarket car stereo that can stream music via Bluetooth from a Nokia Lumia running WP 8.1? One that can show artist names or album art would be a plus...
Any head unit that support A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) should work, just fine.
I've used various bluetooth/FM transmitters, without issue.
I will say that a lot of the people, I know, like Kenwoods (I'm looking at the Excelon line, myself).
JJ

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I wanted a relatively inexpensive radio for my Jeep that would support bluetooth. I bought a Pioneer DEH-X6500BT. That model is no longer available, but it appears to have been replaced with the comparable Pioneer DEH-X7500HD CD receiver at Crutchfield.com . Looks great, and it's Bluetooth has worked great for me, for my Lumia 920 and my Samsung Focus before it. My dad ended up buying the exact same radio for his truck.

As said above though, any new aftermarket deck with Bluetooth should have no trouble pairing to your Windows Phone.

Brennan Rogers

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Another radio that is compatible is the Pioneer MVH-X560BT. I have one in my car, they cost a little over $100 and its fairly simple to install. It doesnt have a CD player but it has bluetooth, a USB, and an auxilary port so you can play off of any phone in theory. The only complaint I have about it is that the owners manual is pretty vague.

TonyK78

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I bought yesterday the Pioneer MVH-X370BT and tried to connect it to my Lumia 730 with partial success. Pairing was easy and calling or answering via bluetooth was fine as well. I'm having troubles with music streaming though. Phone recognizes the receiver as voice only. Note that my friend's android phone had no problem at all. Any idea if any workaround exists?

mgd1234

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Can you elaborate further on the 100% functional. How do you have this unit hooked up? Are you using a miracast adapter and connecting with continuum? Are you able to use the connection to the phone while driving? What phone are you using. Thanks

Jason Gilbert

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not aftermarket, but I rented a Chrylser 200 on a business trip last year and was pleasantly surprised to find out that it had complete functionality with my 830 over bluetooth, at lest when using Spotify. Showed the name of my phone, artist, song title, and let me use the steering wheel controls to move tracks forward and back. The wife's 2014 Honda Crosstour also does pretty well, though seems to sometimes miss a title on Spotify.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss