Google Voice/Skype

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully someone can help me with all this information in one place...

Do I have this right?

Metrotalk is going to get axed by Google, even if I have it installed now, it will go away/stop working on May 1.

Skype, even if you buy a premium number, can't receive SMS messages on Windows phone.

So, other than getting calls from Google Voice (or Skype) forwarded to my cell, I can't do much else with either? The Skype app is embarrassingly devoid of options for a MS product...

Is there another option for the whole second number thing?

Thanks!

Damon_TQG

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. Would love to see an article with options for Google Voice users who have Windows phones. GV is my work number, can't live without it but after a long chat with Skype it does not appear to be an option. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Nothing, huh?

Skype is improving, especially on WP8.1. I do not know about the MetroTalk experience, and I do admit - if you need to rely on Skype, you won't be happy. Maybe you can check out Viber? I think you can call land lines with that app as well.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been scouring the internet for the past 2 months with regards to GV and WP. Scroogle is killing off it's XMPP client and making GV apart of Google Hangouts. What I've read about XMPP is that it is used for SMS primarily. With that said I'd be curious to see if that leaves the voice part of GV intact. I am in the same boat that I use GV for work and I have an old Galaxy S3 charged up just in case. I really do like WP and after playing with the S3 updated to 4.3 I'm having a hard time figuring out why they command the market share that they have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos