For me the deal sealer was the one ideology. I just love the idea that soon I will be able to sync all my data across all my devices. For this reason I jumped on WP.

What about you. What is or was your Windows Phone deal sealer?
    Last edited by k0de; 04-20-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    04-20-2014 08:25 PM
    I'm confused by the context in which you use "deal breaker."
    k0de likes this.
    04-20-2014 08:28 PM
    I'm confused by the context in which you use "deal breaker."
    Why you choose WP over the competition. :-).
    04-20-2014 08:33 PM
    This would be a "deal sealer". A "deal breaker" would be a reason to not choose something.
    k0de and Jazmac like this.
    04-20-2014 08:45 PM
    This would be a "deal sealer". A "deal breaker" would be a reason to not choose something.
    Cool. editing right away. Thanks.
    CeeJGee1974 likes this.
    04-20-2014 08:48 PM
    Typically, the term "deal breaker" refers to the one item or feature without which you will not accept the "deal" and will look elsewhere. A much clearer and appropriate word for your meaning would be "clincher." So, basically, what you mean by "deal breaker" is the exact opposite idea to what most people will get when they read the thread title.

​To answer your question, My clincher is pretty much the same as yours, I've been on board with WP for three years for that very reason; the promise of what was to come. I can say I was not thrilled when WP 7 didn't receive much support once WP 8 was introduced, but I also knew that the kind of ecosystem Microsoft has been planning cannot be achieved overnight. So, I used and enjoyed my Lumia 900 until my contract was up (April 1st) for renewal and got my Lumia 925. After the 8.1 update, I'm even happier. My devices are beginning to converge (except my 2007 Vista Laptop, but that's a different story).
    04-20-2014 08:51 PM
    Pretty simple reasons in my case. Have had every iPhone from the 3G to the 5S and grew bored with using it over time. I think android is very similar to iPhone in terms of UI and so that was a non option for me. So when Windows Phone came around I was very interested. I love live tiles. Went back and forth over the years with Windows Phone as several things would pull me back to iPhone, like the disappearing keyboard issue. Ultimately... I'd say now the addition of rotation lock, notification center, Nokia hardware, and a solid Verizon option(currently on Lumia Icon) have sealed the deal for me.

You cannot imagine he much the rotation lock had helped sway me. I seldom use apps other than games in landscape mode so coming from iPhone it bugged me a lot.
    04-20-2014 09:01 PM
    The idea of having everything integrated all on one platform using services that work together is definitely very appealing to most people I would imagine. Apple is kind of known for that as well, but as of right now, I believe Microsoft's level of integration is much, much deeper.
    04-22-2014 04:09 PM
    It looks like we already have a thread to discuss this. Please see the following thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...l-succeed.html

Please continue your discussion there.
    04-22-2014 04:18 PM