"Do not sleep while i am reading" is it possible?

Doksan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Android restriction for their app store made me angry. Always "this item isn't available in your country" and can't download. For example onenote i couldn't download. And the earlier today i search about feature, smart screen application because while i read web page i don't want to touch every 30 seconds, so application catches i am looking at phone and keep screen on until face go away. Again, "this item isn't available in your country"... I am enough sick for this

But i don't know WP has this feature or application. I tried to search while ago but i have no luck. Anyone knows? Any model has this i might buy it.

Thanks

Doksan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
You get me wrong. I want phone to automatically keep itself awake only while i am reading. I think other OS's do this by detecting- catching your eyes or face that you are looking at the screen. Once your face go away it will sleep again

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't seem to have the option for "never" on my 1020 :(, was looking for this the other day.

Re. Android, I use Aptoide to download apps that are often displayed as not available for my tablet. Or I do an internet search for more unofficial sources. But my tablet has more bugs than a tramp's mattress, so go this route at your own risk!

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
You get me wrong. I want phone to automatically keep itself awake only while i am reading. I think other OS's do this by detecting- catching your eyes or face that you are looking at the screen. Once your face go away it will sleep again

This isn't an OS feature, it's hardware. I think the Samsung Galaxy S4 has it, not sure if other phones do.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't seem to have the option for "never" on my 1020 :(, was looking for this the other day.

Re. Android, I use Aptoide to download apps that are often displayed as not available for my tablet. Or I do an internet search for more unofficial sources. But my tablet has more bugs than a tramp's mattress, so go this route at your own risk!

I only have options up to 5 minutes on 925 as well, probably because of AMOLED screen that could get burnt in if the screen was on for so long (that's also why glance moves on AMOLED phones)

Doskan: go on android central or xda-developers and ask for .apks of those apps, if they're free I'm sure someone will give them to you. If they're paid, you could still acquire the app trough illegal channels (torrents) since you're 'breaking the law' anyway by using the app that's not meant for your country (though this is the most ridiculous thing that happened to smartphones). Before you consider that, you should try other android app stores, just google around.

You could of course increase your screen time to 1 minute or 2, you probably do read a whole page in 2 minutes.
But the app that followed your eyes and kept the screen on was a samsung thing, so it's probably only available on S4 (and 5 i guess?). Hardware wise front facing camera would be enough for this feature.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If it takes you longer than a few minutes to read the text on the screen, I think it would be safe to assume you're done reading. It's not like you have a 30 inch monitor. There's only so many words that will fit on a screen at a readable size.

But I personally like to set mine to never. When i'm done, it's super easy to just hit the power button.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
AMOLED, of course, didn't think of that!

Re. Taking the unofficial route to installing Android apps, I always try Google Play first, but one of the things that pees me off about Android is the lack of cohesiveness between models/ versions. My tablet is frequently unsupported by apps listed on Play, but the same apps work when I download elsewhere. I hope this doesn't become the case with WP8.1, when more manufacturers jump on board.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon