07-03-2014 06:05 PM
45 12
tools
    So now then...any update on BBM release, anyone?
    05-30-2014 04:48 AM
    Can anyone confirm the authenticity of this?

https://twitter.com/BBMWindows/statu...53409239506944
    06-01-2014 09:21 AM

Official stance is "summer". Source: Windows Phone and Nokia X to get BBM in Coming Months | Inside BlackBerry

That twitter feed looks official and further reading on it mentions "sometime in June". I would take it with a pinch of salt for now until it can be verified in other official places (such as a headline on here or the BBM website).
    06-01-2014 09:45 AM
    So I read on one of the pages on Facebook that BBM should be released today.
    Any one has any concrete news?
    06-04-2014 12:49 AM
    Official stance is "summer". Source: Windows Phone and Nokia X to get BBM in Coming Months | Inside BlackBerry

That twitter feed looks official and further reading on it mentions "sometime in June". I would take it with a pinch of salt for now until it can be verified in other official places (such as a headline on here or the BBM website).
    BBM for Nokia X is already out last week I guess!
    06-04-2014 01:16 AM
    Apparently the last conference call with the CEO, he said May-July for BBM. That's what I read on Crackberry anyways...
    06-04-2014 01:38 AM
    What's puzzling is no one has any news what so ever! I haven't even heard of a beta version for BBM.
    Moreover, BBM icon is there on the box of 630 but still no real news about its launched :(
    06-05-2014 03:28 AM

That's not the official BBM Twitter account, so I'd take any launch dates with a grain of salt. BlackBerry said summer, which could be June or mid September

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30
    06-05-2014 05:31 AM
    One third of June is over already...any news on the release?
    06-09-2014 05:04 AM
    One third of June is over already...any news on the release?
    Nope. Though I'm sure if there is, it will be front page news on this site. :)
    06-09-2014 05:06 AM
    Nope. If they going to release wp central fans page on fb probably let you know. So stay tune.
    06-09-2014 05:13 AM
    BBM is a completely different system compared to WhatsApp. While the later one uses your phone's contacts through their phone numbers, BBM uses a PIN I'd system, maybe a bit comparable to IM classics like ICQ or AIM. WhatsApp uploads all your stored contacts to their servers, while BBM doesn't. That means WA is more convenient at first, you install it, launch it and all your contacts are already there.
    On BBM you need to invite / get invited users and add them by hand. Less convenient yet more secure, since 1st. you don't give away your phone number and share you PIN instead 2nd. you decide who can see and chat with or even exists in your contact list. After all BBM is much more private, but requires more work to set it up.

Also BBM has actual working sent/read indicators, WA only show when the message is delivered to WA servers and delivered to phone. BBM shows delivery to phone followed by and actual "has read the message" indicator. It also doesn't always show the last seen online times, which is something I really dislike about WhatsApp.

Last but not least BBM lately integrated their own, lets call it micro logging system named BBM Channels. Everybody can create their own channel(s), you are allowed to post a single picture and a text of up to 400 characters per post.
    You can also limit access to your channel, either make it open or only let your contacts see it.
    BBM does store your contacts online so when u switch devices and bbm pins your contacts will be restored
    also unlike whatsapp there is bbm voice which is free voice calls over wifi or cellular data which i find is better than viber .....
    i hope bbm comes i like whatsapp on windows phone its clean and minimal but giving out my number is not nice stalkers and creeps smh
    06-16-2014 10:55 AM
    Who's to say there aren't stalkers and creeps over on bbm? You'd face the same problem on any messaging platform regardless of the contact method (PIN or number). Soon as someone puts it somewhere dodgy you've had it.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    06-16-2014 02:25 PM
    Who's to say there aren't stalkers and creeps over on bbm? You'd face the same problem on any messaging platform regardless of the contact method (PIN or number). Soon as someone puts it somewhere dodgy you've had it.
    There are but with wwhat'sapp i can make up and save a random number and stalk you lol with BBM you can make up a random pin that is valid but i have to choose to accept you or not. Where as with WhatsApp the message will go trough and i can call you if you block me can't call a BBM contact cuz you don't have their number just saying though i prefer BBM give me read and delivered notifications the what's app becomes more appealing to me
    Aniruddh Sharma1 likes this.
    06-16-2014 03:30 PM
    Here again with the same old question...any update on BBM's release? The wait is getting too long!
    06-19-2014 01:50 AM
    Here again with the same old question...any update on BBM's release? The wait is getting too long!
    BBM arriving on Windows Phone in July | Windows Phone Central
    06-19-2014 07:30 AM
    There was also word that BBM will come preinstalled on future Nokia or better Microsoft Mobile devices/revisions once it is available for Windows Phone.
    06-20-2014 12:17 PM
    its one more month lets hope its the 1st of july lol cuz that would make me happy the wait is too long
    06-21-2014 06:13 AM
    There was also word that BBM will come preinstalled on future Nokia or better Microsoft Mobile devices/revisions once it is available for Windows Phone.
    It was shown on a slide for BB shareholder's meeting. Preinstalled on Lumias and LG devices(Both WP and Android)
    06-21-2014 06:23 AM
    And we are waiting till July 31st
    07-03-2014 06:05 PM
45 12