BBM & Whatsapp

Aniruddh Sharma1

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
So when is BBM coming to WP. Isn't it about time? Is there any beta available?
Also, we were supposed to get the whatsapp update end of march. where is it? Moreover, there have hardly been any leaks from the beta version in the recent weeks! I am specifically looking for the ability to save/share music via whatsapp.

Anyone has any idea about the two?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Bbm will be available somewhere in this summer. No private/public beta. You will get the new WhatsApp update soon after windows phone 8.1 is released for all windows phone. At moment its still a dev preview , not the final build.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Bbm will be available somewhere in this summer. No private/public beta. You will get the new WhatsApp update soon after windows phone 8.1 is released for all windows phone. At moment its still a dev preview , not the final build.
Not sure why are they waiting for WP8.1 to get released. I read somewhere in the whatsapp thread that current update is focused on WP8 and not WP8.1

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
What's so special about BBM? I never used so I got no idea how it is different from WhatsApp. Anybody wanna explain lilbit? ))

Aniruddh Sharma1

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I used to own a blackberry and everything about bbm was pleasing to me. It worked well and was very reliable. But here its not just about BBM, I am also waiting for the Whatsapp update and the ability to save/share music files. Lack of leaks from the beta version is also putting me off! Moreover, the speed of whatsapp on WP plain sucks!

Believe it or not, I have a space vacant for a small BBM tile on my home screen since that last few months. I wish they bring out the damn updates and the app quickly.

burnabite

May 13, 2014
Visit site
What's so special about BBM? I never used so I got no idea how it is different from WhatsApp. Anybody wanna explain lilbit? ))

I'm no expert but I think people want a sense of security when sending some private photos, messages as well as allowing an app to access some contacts. BBM (sort of) allows that. Even though it isn't as convenient as WhatsApp it offers more control over your own privacy (even though no current app offers a complete guarantee).

SubCamp

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Well, BBM is the most secure IM application in the market, it has read/deliver notifcation (Whatsapp doesnt have read), it has it's own social networking program in it (BBM Channels) and more things to come like BBM Money..

Security and privacy are an integral part of BBM and always will be | CrackBerry.com

The dirty BIG secret of WhatsApp... the second check mark does NOT mean your message has been read! | CrackBerry.com

BBM Channels | CrackBerry.com

BBM Money | CrackBerry.com

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

BBM is a completely different system compared to WhatsApp. While the later one uses your phone's contacts through their phone numbers, BBM uses a PIN I'd system, maybe a bit comparable to IM classics like ICQ or AIM. WhatsApp uploads all your stored contacts to their servers, while BBM doesn't. That means WA is more convenient at first, you install it, launch it and all your contacts are already there.
On BBM you need to invite / get invited users and add them by hand. Less convenient yet more secure, since 1st. you don't give away your phone number and share you PIN instead 2nd. you decide who can see and chat with or even exists in your contact list. After all BBM is much more private, but requires more work to set it up.

Also BBM has actual working sent/read indicators, WA only show when the message is delivered to WA servers and delivered to phone. BBM shows delivery to phone followed by and actual "has read the message" indicator. It also doesn't always show the last seen online times, which is something I really dislike about WhatsApp.

Last but not least BBM lately integrated their own, lets call it micro logging system named BBM Channels. Everybody can create their own channel(s), you are allowed to post a single picture and a text of up to 400 characters per post.
You can also limit access to your channel, either make it open or only let your contacts see it.

Aniruddh Sharma1

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
So I guess the biggest problem for WP is "Coming Soon".
Many apps do not come to WP and for so many its always said "coming Soon" which lasts for days, weeks and sometimes months!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb