BBM & Whatsapp

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Nothing can replace WhatsApp. Not even BBM. The reason is contact. I would find almost all my friends using WhatsApp and communicating with each other. BBM days are gone with BlackBerry :p

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
They have like 80 + milion users right ?

Probably 40 million users from Indonesia. 20 million users of old BlackBerry devices, and only 20 million Android and iOS users in the rest of the world.
So, yes, they're pretty much dead in most parts of the world.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Ganesh Venkat

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

Aniruddh Sharma1

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
What's puzzling is no one has any news what so ever! I haven't even heard of a beta version for BBM.
Moreover, BBM icon is there on the box of 630 but still no real news about its launched :(

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
BBM is a completely different system compared to WhatsApp. While the later one uses your phone's contacts through their phone numbers, BBM uses a PIN I'd system, maybe a bit comparable to IM classics like ICQ or AIM. WhatsApp uploads all your stored contacts to their servers, while BBM doesn't. That means WA is more convenient at first, you install it, launch it and all your contacts are already there.
On BBM you need to invite / get invited users and add them by hand. Less convenient yet more secure, since 1st. you don't give away your phone number and share you PIN instead 2nd. you decide who can see and chat with or even exists in your contact list. After all BBM is much more private, but requires more work to set it up.

Also BBM has actual working sent/read indicators, WA only show when the message is delivered to WA servers and delivered to phone. BBM shows delivery to phone followed by and actual "has read the message" indicator. It also doesn't always show the last seen online times, which is something I really dislike about WhatsApp.

Last but not least BBM lately integrated their own, lets call it micro logging system named BBM Channels. Everybody can create their own channel(s), you are allowed to post a single picture and a text of up to 400 characters per post.
You can also limit access to your channel, either make it open or only let your contacts see it.

BBM does store your contacts online so when u switch devices and bbm pins your contacts will be restored
also unlike whatsapp there is bbm voice which is free voice calls over wifi or cellular data which i find is better than viber .....
i hope bbm comes i like whatsapp on windows phone its clean and minimal but giving out my number is not nice stalkers and creeps smh

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Who's to say there aren't stalkers and creeps over on bbm? You'd face the same problem on any messaging platform regardless of the contact method (PIN or number). Soon as someone puts it somewhere dodgy you've had it.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Who's to say there aren't stalkers and creeps over on bbm? You'd face the same problem on any messaging platform regardless of the contact method (PIN or number). Soon as someone puts it somewhere dodgy you've had it.
There are but with wwhat'sapp i can make up and save a random number and stalk you lol with BBM you can make up a random pin that is valid but i have to choose to accept you or not. Where as with WhatsApp the message will go trough and i can call you if you block me can't call a BBM contact cuz you don't have their number just saying though i prefer BBM give me read and delivered notifications the what's app becomes more appealing to me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)