07-03-2014 06:05 PM
45 12
tools
    So when is BBM coming to WP. Isn't it about time? Is there any beta available?
    Also, we were supposed to get the whatsapp update end of march. where is it? Moreover, there have hardly been any leaks from the beta version in the recent weeks! I am specifically looking for the ability to save/share music via whatsapp.

Anyone has any idea about the two?
    04-24-2014 02:57 AM
    Bbm will be available somewhere in this summer. No private/public beta. You will get the new WhatsApp update soon after windows phone 8.1 is released for all windows phone. At moment its still a dev preview , not the final build.
    04-24-2014 03:03 AM
    Bbm will be available somewhere in this summer. No private/public beta. You will get the new WhatsApp update soon after windows phone 8.1 is released for all windows phone. At moment its still a dev preview , not the final build.
    Not sure why are they waiting for WP8.1 to get released. I read somewhere in the whatsapp thread that current update is focused on WP8 and not WP8.1
    04-24-2014 03:10 AM

How can prove whatsapp I coming soon after wp8.1?
    04-24-2014 03:12 AM
    If you need resources , windows phone 8.1 has them all it has many new API which will benefit developers
    04-24-2014 04:35 AM
    BBM should be there I believe earlyish summer. There's nothing clearcut though

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    04-24-2014 06:54 AM
    So we are half way through May and no signs of BBM or whatsapp update?
    Isn't there any beta available or any date for the release?
    05-13-2014 02:56 AM
    I thought someone could give some insights but I guess no one knows.
    Damn!!! The wait is kinda killing :(
    05-14-2014 03:33 AM
    What's so special about BBM? I never used so I got no idea how it is different from WhatsApp. Anybody wanna explain lilbit? ))
    05-14-2014 03:37 AM
    I used to own a blackberry and everything about bbm was pleasing to me. It worked well and was very reliable. But here its not just about BBM, I am also waiting for the Whatsapp update and the ability to save/share music files. Lack of leaks from the beta version is also putting me off! Moreover, the speed of whatsapp on WP plain sucks!

Believe it or not, I have a space vacant for a small BBM tile on my home screen since that last few months. I wish they bring out the damn updates and the app quickly.
    05-14-2014 04:09 AM
    What's so special about BBM? I never used so I got no idea how it is different from WhatsApp. Anybody wanna explain lilbit? ))
    I'm no expert but I think people want a sense of security when sending some private photos, messages as well as allowing an app to access some contacts. BBM (sort of) allows that. Even though it isn't as convenient as WhatsApp it offers more control over your own privacy (even though no current app offers a complete guarantee).
    AV2RY likes this.
    05-14-2014 05:42 AM
    bbm mostly in may end or mid june.
    dont know about whatsapp
    05-14-2014 12:17 PM
    So will still do not have any concrete answers :(
    05-15-2014 04:17 AM
    Windows Phones to Soon Get BBM | Internet | www.indiatimes.com

Holy %^&*#!!! Does this mean its not coming out till the year end?
    05-19-2014 01:15 AM
    Well, BBM is the most secure IM application in the market, it has read/deliver notifcation (Whatsapp doesnt have read), it has it's own social networking program in it (BBM Channels) and more things to come like BBM Money..

Security and privacy are an integral part of BBM and always will be | CrackBerry.com

The dirty BIG secret of WhatsApp... the second check mark does NOT mean your message has been read! | CrackBerry.com

BBM Channels | CrackBerry.com

BBM Money | CrackBerry.com
    05-19-2014 11:40 PM
    Isn't Line BETTER though? I love Line but I want BBM :)
    05-21-2014 10:47 AM
    BBM is a completely different system compared to WhatsApp. While the later one uses your phone's contacts through their phone numbers, BBM uses a PIN I'd system, maybe a bit comparable to IM classics like ICQ or AIM. WhatsApp uploads all your stored contacts to their servers, while BBM doesn't. That means WA is more convenient at first, you install it, launch it and all your contacts are already there.
    On BBM you need to invite / get invited users and add them by hand. Less convenient yet more secure, since 1st. you don't give away your phone number and share you PIN instead 2nd. you decide who can see and chat with or even exists in your contact list. After all BBM is much more private, but requires more work to set it up.

Also BBM has actual working sent/read indicators, WA only show when the message is delivered to WA servers and delivered to phone. BBM shows delivery to phone followed by and actual "has read the message" indicator. It also doesn't always show the last seen online times, which is something I really dislike about WhatsApp.

Last but not least BBM lately integrated their own, lets call it micro logging system named BBM Channels. Everybody can create their own channel(s), you are allowed to post a single picture and a text of up to 400 characters per post.
    You can also limit access to your channel, either make it open or only let your contacts see it.
    05-22-2014 09:42 AM
    By June or the end of this month for BBM for whatsapp I don't know yet, but maybe around the release of WP 8.1
    05-22-2014 10:15 AM
    So I guess the biggest problem for WP is "Coming Soon".
    Many apps do not come to WP and for so many its always said "coming Soon" which lasts for days, weeks and sometimes months!
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    05-23-2014 04:43 AM
    BBM is dying, Indonesia is the only place in the world where this app is actually used.
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    05-23-2014 08:11 AM
    Nothing can replace WhatsApp. Not even BBM. The reason is contact. I would find almost all my friends using WhatsApp and communicating with each other. BBM days are gone with BlackBerry :-P
    05-23-2014 08:30 AM
    BBM is dying, Indonesia is the only place in the world where this app is actually used.
    They have like 80 + milion users right ?
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    05-23-2014 11:20 AM
    Active or registered?
    05-23-2014 11:39 AM

Probably 40 million users from Indonesia. 20 million users of old BlackBerry devices, and only 20 million Android and iOS users in the rest of the world.
    So, yes, they're pretty much dead in most parts of the world.
    05-23-2014 01:14 PM
    Is it really that popular in Indonesia? Lol

Sent from my RM-942_lta_lta_228 using Tapatalk
    05-24-2014 04:05 PM
45 12