Guys, we are a fairly large community of WP lovers and enthusiasts. We have seen the platform grow and grow, slowly in some places and rocketing in others. I just want to discuss one key thing that I believe Microsoft can implement right now (or few months later) to give the platform a boost of a magnitude equal to the one provided by the Good Guy Nokia.

The problem is, most of the coolest features of WP are in US only. I don't, and I can't understand why the company is bent on focusing on the US market so long even when it is showing slowest growth. I have been a member of several forums (this one and on fb) and seen them grow, and all of them raise this issue, why are many of their Bing services including Cortana are US only?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/noki...serscommunity/
    this group raised from 10k to over 40k in past few months and is mainly Indian, We have seen several European markets for WP reach double figures and some even surpassing Apple. Why still keep ignoring them when they are growing so rapidly even without your effort. I think if MS gives them a treat, WP will surely surpass Apple in Europe by the end of this year, and seeing European market grow like that it will give the US market a push too.

If you're of the like mind, please help me raise this issue by supporting:

Bring Windows to the world! - Microsoft Community
    04-24-2014 09:43 PM
    Recommended
    04-24-2014 09:59 PM
    So this isn't just a cause for MS to bring the services to India, but the entire world? if it's the latter then I will gladly support this :)
    04-24-2014 10:00 PM
    Microsoft has 19% of market share in the US, in the rest of the world is almost zero. The experience has shown that taking market share from Google is almost impossible. So, the problem is not that they are stupid or nobody is telling them. The problem is how to recover the investment, specially now that WP is free.
    45% of Google's revenue comes from the US, It's the best market to make money with online advertising. Bing has such a big share of the search market in the US and they still lose money. What do you expect for the rest of the world?
    UK is the second best market for Google, probably for Bing too, that's why Cortana goes to UK next. The language could help too, although I'm not quite sure if those guys speak English, It sounds like a strange dialect to me.
    ven07 likes this.
    04-24-2014 11:29 PM
    of course I mean the world, I'm not Indian.
    ven07 likes this.
    04-25-2014 02:28 AM
    Microsoft's share? what do you mean by that?
    04-25-2014 02:30 AM
    Lol sorry I concluded that based on the grammar "this group raised from 10k to over 40k in past few months and is mainly Indian, We have seen several......."
    04-25-2014 02:31 AM
    I was merely citing the growth of WP in India.
    04-25-2014 02:43 AM
    I was merely citing the growth of WP in India.
    Understood :)
    utg001 likes this.
    04-25-2014 03:16 AM